Re: Mavis
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 21:30:10 PM »
RIP Mavis, always in your heart

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 20:29:51 PM »
Mavis sounds like she was a wonderful cat, she's safe and sound at the Bridge waiting for you to collect her  :hug:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 19:33:15 PM »
What a fitting tribute to what was a beautiful and loving cat.

RIP Mavis :(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 17:30:34 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:What a lovely story ... she sounds like a lovely kitty.

RIP Mavis ... gone but definitely not forgotten.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 14:39:18 PM »
RIP Mavis  :(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »
What a wonderful story, good on you for giving an older cat a chance, I just wish there were more people willing to do so, they have so much to give.
Please spay your cat

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
Mavis
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »
I lost my Mavey just over a lear ago and I wanted to remember her here as she was such an amazing and good girl.

I got her when she was 10 years old, from my local CP shelter - I'd only gone for a "look around" and got chatting to one of the staff who told me they'd recently taken in a lot of older cats from the manufacturers of Felix cat food. She pointed to a rather plump tabby called Patricia and said that she was one of them; I looked at her and she looked back at me in that knowing way that cats have. I picked her up out of the pen and she immediately started purring like mad and licked my cheek while drooling all over me!

Needless to say, I picked her up 2 weeks later, renamed her Mavis and brought her home.

I had been warned that because she had lived all her life in a cattery, she might have issues about being in a house. She did of course...she had an issue if she couldn't get right in front of the fire...she also had an issue about not being cuddled and fussed for 25 hours a day and if the food dish was empty [ever] she practically went into a faint!

She was with me for 6 years and she had a lot of firsts...first time lounging all over nice comfy furniture...first time being able to go out into a nice, safe, grassy garden whenever she wanted. She's come for garden walks with me, we'd stroll down together and have to stop every couple of feet [for fusses] of course.

I absolutely adored her and I still sometimes give my lovely Mavey a big cuddle and kiss. So if you'e thinking about adopting, please consider an older cat - she was older...and perfect.     

Link to CatChat