Author Topic: Hello again from Rona in Brighton!  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Hello again from Rona in Brighton!
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 22:10:08 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed she settles soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Rona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 16:51:47 PM »
Thanks, Roger - yes, Thursday is seeming a little braver and does seem to trust us more - she's still jumpy on occasion if we're moving around her but seems more settled now.  She still can't be touched at all!  I hope she will prefer her new home and, although it's early days, I think she may.

A very Happy Christmas to you, too and all my friends on Purrs In Our Hearts!!

Rona

fuzziesdad

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 16:33:43 PM »
hi rona,
sorry I have not answered before now,like all moves sounds horrendous but thursday sounds like she is coping and trusts you and cal.
she is in the right place with you.
have a good christmas
roger. ;)   

Offline Rona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 15:55:56 PM »
Hi Roger - nice to hear from you ....

Our move took A G E S - we were eventually in by about 9.30pm Friday night.  Poor Thursday was in her carrier about 12 hours as I couldn't let her out until there was safely a space for her - she spent the whole time in our old bathroom, in the bath  :(.  When we came to move her, the heavens opened and it absolutely POURED - poor little soul is somewhat traumatised again and has been in hiding since  :scared:

I finally saw her yesterday morning when she came out and told me she was hungry - Cal said she came out the night before after I went to bed.  It must be very confusing for her as everytime she comes out, boxes have moved and she has to check it out all over again!!

fuzziesdad

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 17:38:46 PM »
hi rona,
nice to see thursday is settling and I hope your move went OK.
roger.
(strange typing this out and kate price is on the TV) :wow:

Offline Rona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 14:39:58 PM »
Hi Roz

Now that's what I can synchronicity!! 

Thanks for your message and good wishes and yes, we must catch up when I have more time and am less frayed around the edges!

Take care

Love

Rona xxx

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 19:02:10 PM »
Hi Rona,

:welcome: So good to see ya on the Purrs site....I knew you'd wanna help dear old Ron.

I'm really pleased that T is more settled now and look forward, when you have the time of course, to hearing more about how she is coping these days (or maybe that should read how you're coping ha ha)

Do you remember me telling you about my other friend (customer), Rona, who I was corresponding with about the same time as you?  Well, I last heard from her about the same time as I last heard from you...which was about 10 months to a year ago, I think...We are all so busy so this is quite normal.  As you know, I e-mailed you on Friday to tell you about the Auction for Ron and received your Employer's automated response.  I then had to go out for a few hours.  On my return, I noticed that there was an e-mail waiting for me from someone called Rona.  Thinking that it must be you, I opened it.  Can you imagine my surprise when I found that it was from the other Rona!!  I had not heard from either of you for about a year.....then I send an e-mail to you.  And on the same day, I receive an e-mail from the other Rona.  And we both started our e-mails with the same words.  And you both spell your names without an 'h'.  Telepathy definitely exists.

Anyway, Rona welcome.  It's wonderful to hear from you again and here's wishing you loads of luck and happiness for your new home.  Hope the move isn't too stressful.

:luck:

Lots of love

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Rona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »
 :thanks:Thanks very much for the welcome, everyone - am digging out something for the aution (up to my ears in boxes at present before the move on Friday!) and will be back as soon as possible!

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 09:17:42 AM »
Hi Rona,
I was wondering what had happened to you and little Thursday and how much progress you have made with her.
I keep my fingers crossed that everything is going well with your move.
Chris
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:07:18 AM »
Hiya Rona

Great to see ya here  :welcome:

Glad to hear Thursday is getting a braver a little. Love to hear how she continues in her wonderful new home.

The auction is going soo well. I'm soo pleased for Ron.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 17:41:20 PM »
 :welcome: Rona

Glad you found your way over here.  It;s just like CC, full of friendly helpful advice if needed and of course us wittering on about our cats (me included!).  Look forward to seeing some pics of Thursday  ;D

Offline Rona

• Adult Cat
Hello again from Rona in Brighton!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 14:29:17 PM »
Hello All

Having been notified by Roz about the Cat Chat Forum's temporary closure and this new forum, I thought I'd say hi!  I haven't been in touch on the CCF for a g e s because I've been so busy  :tired:, but I haven't forgotten it and certainly haven't forgotten Ron (who kindly trusted my partner Cal and me with a little scaredy-cat called Thursday :scared:).  I'd heard that he'd lost his sponsor so I'd like to help and will have a think tonight about something to auction ....

For those of you that remember Thursday, just to let you know that she is more relaxed around us now but still watches Cal's big boots with trepidation and still spends most of the weekend hiding!  We are also moving soon - she's managing to snooze through most of the chaos packing, to my surprise, but I'm not looking forward to the moving day next Friday ....  :(

Link to CatChat