Author Topic: Poll results  (Read 9161 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Poll results
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 21:16:30 PM »
Oh boy .....the kittens  :rofl: :rofl:

I could not make up my mind and it took for ever!

When the groups come up the criteria will be different for voting and then its just straight cat v cat in each group  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I have tried to group together similiar classes as much as I could but it should be fun like bengal v laperm v birman v abysinian etc etc oh myyyyyyyyyy its gonna be even harder to vote  :shify: :shify: :shify:........just in case any one wonders they are all in Class 1 which is pedigrees  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 21:11:44 PM »
I haven't voted on the cats I like best, I have voted on the relevance of the pic to that category, so its not the best cat its the best pic I have voted for  :) So I may have voted for a cat in one category but not the same cat in another. Although they are all cats so I liked them all.  :)
Me and OH tried to do that too!  It seemed the fairest way and worked really well....until....we got as far as THE KITTENS.  Then we argued  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 21:05:34 PM »
Noooooooo not me , I not going there  :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 13:30:45 PM »
Start taking bets Gill??

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 13:23:48 PM »
I think the top three only would be best that way nobody gets upset. It's all good anyway  :Luv:

ccmacey

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 11:44:37 AM »
This is interesting, I think I would like to see the top 3 at the end of the show.

I haven't voted on the cats I like best, I have voted on the relevance of the pic to that category, so its not the best cat its the best pic I have voted for  :) So I may have voted for a cat in one category but not the same cat in another. Although they are all cats so I liked them all.  :)

And we have to remember peeps someone has to win  :shy:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 22:05:47 PM »
I agree - just the winners or top 3.  There's no need to see the rest as they aren't relevant and although we all know that the whole point is to raise money for minimopsical and that they are all absolutely gorgeous puds, it could be a bit disheartening to see your cat in "last" place so to speak.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 21:06:43 PM »
Sounds like we have a quorum  :rofl: :rofl:

I think that it will be good to see who are the top 3 and as Tan says we got some sneakie stuff up our sleeves  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Every cats a winner and we dont wanna upset anyone.

More votes more voters please, join in the fun and see if the cats you voted for gets into the next round  ;D

Maybe someone would like to start a book on who the top cat will be..................no second thoughts, dont do that  cos it will spoil the fun ;D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 20:41:57 PM »

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 20:37:24 PM »
Sounds good to me too!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 20:36:47 PM »
Sounds good to me Tan xx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 20:27:04 PM »
that's if Cosmo lets me as he's bouncing around my keyboard at the moment (stoopid cat!)

:rofl: :rofl: Made i larrrf   :evillaugh:

It's only supposed to be a bit of fun and I would hate to think someone would get upset about it.
Yes thats exactly what me and all the show mods are worried about.  As Dave says all the cats are wonderful and all stunners and deserve to be up top. Thats one of the reasons we had so many classes as the voting will depend on the pic of the activity of the cat in that class and not the cat's gorgeous looks.

At the mo we have thought to only show top 3 as we have surprizes all the way along the show sections which ya all don't know about yet  :evillaugh: in which case the poll results will never be revealed. 
Is everyone ok with that? 
 :Luv:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 20:54:16 PM by Tan »

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 20:17:24 PM »
personally, I think it would be nicer just to put the top 3 or even just 1st and 2nd.  

It's only supposed to be a bit of fun and I would hate to think someone would get upset about it.

ps - am just going off to vote now before I forget or leave it too late  :-[ that's if Cosmo lets me as he's bouncing around my keyboard at the moment (stoopid cat!)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 20:15:21 PM »
I think we all understand that someone has to come last .... and even if someones kitty only gets a few votes it knows it's beautiful in the eyes of it's slave (otherwise the slave wouldn't have entered it into the cat show  ;) )

The whole purpose of the cat show is to raise money in the first instance and to win in the cat show secondly.

I like the anticipation of waiting until the poll closes.

Good luck to everyone  :Luv:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 20:07:23 PM »
 It could be disheartening to see your cat getting no votes, especially as there's not a cat in the show that doesn't deserve to win! I wouldn't be worried myself, but I think you've made the right decision.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 20:02:27 PM »
Can't see the results hun.  We thought for all future polls that results are not shown till after voting closes to be the fairest way.

Actually just for the cat show polls we would like to ask people who have entered if they would like to see the whole results afterwards or not?
One thing we have always been worried about is anyone getting upset if their adorable babe (and they are all sooo adorable) came last in any poll. We certainly don't want anybody whatsoever to feel sad or upset with one of our fundraisers. Without all you wonderful peeps, we wouldn't have been able to raise any money for Minimopsical which is the most important part.  :hug: :thanks:

So what would you lot prefer? Do we show the whole results of the polls when they are closed or do we only show who has come in top 3 places?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 20:01:34 PM »
Yep i am, thats sooooo mean!  :waiting:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 19:59:27 PM »
I assume you are referring to the cat show?  The results are being kept quiet until the end (it's a secrete ballot  :rofl: )

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Poll results
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 19:51:37 PM »
When i vote it registers but i cant see who has the most votes, is it just me or the same for everybody?   :doh:

Link to CatChat