Author Topic: Cattery or home visits?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Cattery or home visits?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 18:20:34 PM »
Presumably they won't be allowed to roam from the cattery ( although will probably have an outdoor run if it's anything like the cattery I use) so will be restricted in their movements anyway. Are they used to your neighbour coming in?  Perhaps you could have a trial run for a day if you have time. Are they likely to try to make a run for it when she opens the door to come in or leave? That would be my main concern in leaving them at home.  Sorry, all questions rather than answers so maybe not that helpful.   :hug:

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
Cattery or home visits?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 12:13:08 PM »
We are going to be travelling a lot this year. We have used a cattery which is fabulous - the cats have their own room and outdoor space but one of my cats, Basil hates it and last time there he wouldn't eat much at all. He's 16 and had cardiomyopathy so has to have 2 pills a day which they will administer. My neighbour is a cat lover and is experienced in giving her cats pills and she's offered to look after my 2 for 3 weeks next month. She's even going to spend a few hours WFH here so they will have company. The drawback is that they will have to stay indoors - we don't have a cat flap and she and I would be a bit worried if she let them out and one or both disappeared - we have both experienced cats going missing never to return!  At the moment they are both outside most of the day and in Ben's case nearly every night too. I keep Basil inside overnight.

So, the dilemma is , which is worse - an unhappy cat on hunger strike in the cattery or 2  cats in their own home but who can't go outside for 3 weeks so will be p-o'd about that.

I'd really appreciate your advice / opinions. Thank you.

Link to CatChat