Author Topic: Climbing stairs help?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Climbing stairs help?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 11:36:23 AM »
Yes, it's horrible watching our beloved companions getting frail as they age   :( Could you put something (maybe like a book)  on each step so that puss can do each tread in 2 sections? You would need to leave enough room for the humans to step safely, of course!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Climbing stairs help?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 20:58:36 PM »
I also have a 19-year old, it's horrible watching them get frail.

Mine's on a low dose of metacam as she has some arthritis. It certainly helps and she jumps in and out of her cat tree with no problem. Obviously this doesn't answer your question but perhaps it might be the reason your little one is having problems getting upstairs. Might be worth getting her checked again, just in case. They're very good at hiding things.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 21:43:00 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
Climbing stairs help?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 05:33:09 AM »
Hi all,

So my beautiful is now 19. Petrified that she’ll die any minute. She has been with me over half my life. She’s seen me get married, have 3 babies - she even grooms them herself.

Anyway, she had a check up, all fine, she’s had some weight gain but he wasn’t concerned as she was a bit underweight before.

I have noticed her struggling to get up the stairs more though. We have all the other things in place to help an elderly cat. Food upstairs, litter tray, steps at the side of the bed. I just can’t see an idea to help her up the stairs??

Hubby is good with diy so trust he could make something if needed. I’m thinking of like a ramp?? Don’t know if that would even work! Have no idea but that’s why I’m here ☺️

Anyway, any ideas?? Not bothered about nailing, drilling or the carpet if it helps her

Thanks in advance x
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Link to CatChat