Author Topic: New cat crying  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: New cat crying
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 09:55:24 AM »
Thanks for the update, it's great to hear that your little lass is settling in so well  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 04:15:37 AM »
 ;D ;D

So lovely to read that.  Don't let "timid" define who she is - it's more where she is - a state she's experiencing and learning to leave behind.   What a little darling.  You must be so pleased.   :Luv:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 00:39:34 AM »
Just a quick update to say the crying stopped and she’s cuddling so much already - she’s making so many more strides than we expected at this stage. I’ll have to post some update photos of our cats as lot changed since days of my signature photo.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 21:47:13 PM »
We got a little bit of crying last night but settled much quicker and she been out playing and cuddling lots today so huge steps. Hopefully she’ll be bit more tired out and settled tonight. I did find the last of a spray bottle of Feliway so we tried it too yesterday. She’s adorable and given how timid she is can’t believe how great she’s doing.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 17:56:56 PM »

She may not be great on cuddling (just yet - you may be surprised in time) but don't forget that sometimes cats want attention without being touched.  If they're in the same room with us voluntarily it's because they're tolerant of, or enjoying, your company. 

Did you manage to get video footage?  Might be helpful to see. 

Offline dawnf

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: star, willow
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 09:13:31 AM »
sounds like she is just a bit nervous, I haven't had a new cat for years but remember when I brought tilly home she cried a lot at first when she was in her safe room

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
New cat crying
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:02:03 PM »
Hi all, been a very long time since I last posted and we’ve seen a lot of change in our cat family since last post. We’e been a smaller multi cat household for some time but we adopted a new girl from rescue on Friday. She’s very timid and we knew when adopting her we would have a long road ahead but we have the time, patience and space for her and wanted her to have a chance of a home. After 24 hours she was brave enough to come out and play but after a day when she interacted more with us and on her terms, she started crying in the early hours of the morning. She is doing this again this morning. She has food and water and she isn’t a little girl who wants to cuddle up with a human so I suspect this is her being anxious.

I haven’t used Feliway in years but thought I might get some.

Little girl is 8 months.

Anyone experienced this in a young and new cat before and could share some tips?

We do have other cats but they were in a completely separate part of the house and quite far away from her. There wasn’t any noise or anything remotely like interaction from them to trigger her and she wasn’t alone as she’s staying in my teenage son’s room/en-suite.

Will try to get a video converted and compressed that he took (if can add it prepare to have your heart strings pulled!)

TIA

Link to CatChat