Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 21:31:04 PM »
Sorry Kate, I didn't have time to post before work and I am not long back home. :-[

So, a very warm Purrs welcome to you, Ozzy and Jelly. :welcome: Thank you for the lovely photos.

I am owned by five cats, Emo, half NFC, looks like a mini version, only a bit over 5 kilos, black and fluffy, Merlin (Merli Moos) a huge ex stray tom, not neutered until approx four, so a black and white 6.4 kilo boy with a huge head. Then my three 'kittens' they are all three, Pippa, (Pip Pip Pippin, Miss Dirty Paws etc.) she is a muted silver tabby from a TNR feral colony, but very affectionate, you wouldn't guess, Pirate, (Pi) a congenitally deformed stray mackerel tabby, he is missing an earflap, has one eye socket too small, so his third eyelid is permanently a third across his eye, and a curly tail, and Bob, (Bobsqueak) who is a very pretty black tortie with a white chest and tummy and four white paws that she keeps immaculately clean, she is more feral like than my feral and strays, very nervy, if you make a sudden move she flinches and bolts, but is very affectionate too, on her own terms and she washes me awake in the mornings for brekfus. Pi is my cuddle kitten, he loves being held with his head on my shoulder, purring his head off with his eyes closed and dropping off until he gets too heavy and I have to put him back down. Four kilos of dead weight becomes very heavy after a while. :rofl: Oh Merli is disabled too, vet reckons his left forepaw got caught in a snare and he ripped himself free, losing his pads and damaging the nail beds in the process, he has a club foot and limps quite badly, but still uses it to climb, so vet decided he was better off keeping the leg.

That is Da Mob.

If you like crazy cat ladies and a few men, welcome home. :wow:

Paula xxx
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 12:43:46 PM »
WELCOME TO PURRS KATE I AM GILL THE ONE WHO CANT SEE WELL

I LOVE YOUR TWO KITTENS THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL

I NOW ONLY HAVE ONE HAVING LOST TWO IN LAST YEAR, HE IS CALLED LUPIN AKA LOOPY, NORTY BOY ETC LOL

HE IS NOW EIGHT YEARS OLD BUT HAVE HAD HIM SINCE HEWAS SIX MONTHS AND HE IS A SEAL POINT BIRMAN WITH BIG BLUE EYES

LIKE SUE I ALSO HAVE SONGS LIKE HERE WE GO LOOP DA LOOP, I DONT THINK HE APPROVES LOL

I AM SURE THAT YOU WILL FIT GREAT IN THIS CAT MAD PLACE

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 12:30:02 PM »
  please put your trays in the upright position Ozzy airways is about to take off as the postman’s here  :innocent: 

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:  That's exactly what Barley's like - "OMG!  OMG!  Run!! HIDE!!  Mum stood up!!  :doh: :doh:

Poor little souls were dumped in a box in someone's garden in the run up to bonfire night.  Whatever experience they went through (and we'll never know) they were frozen with fear when they came to us.  Malt has mellowed, but Barley less so.  She still won't tolerate being picked up.  Though she's a very affectionate cat, she still retains many semi-feral traits, and I doubt she'll ever lose them, sadly.  It makes a vet visit an absolute nightmare.  She almost had my hubby's eye out on one occasion.

I note you're getting married.  Congratulations.   :summer flowers:  Is the wedding day close?   :shy:

I love that Jelly is Jellybean and Jellybaby.   :Luv:  It's great how our babies attract names as they grow, isn't it?  I make up little songs with me cats names  in too, and they seem to enjoy them. :shify:

Offline JellyandOzzy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Jelly and Ozzy
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »
Thank you for the lovely welcome, I’m glad you can see the photos now.
Ozzy rules the house but is a scaredy cat if strangers come near, please put your trays in the upright position Ozzy airways is about to take off as the postman’s here  :innocent:
Jelly is super laid back not fazed by anything. Ozzy hates the hoover and many other random things but Jelly will sit there expecting me to hoover round her.
I’m glad you like their names, my married surname will be Osborne so just had to have an Ozzy and my 6 year old son choose Jelly’s name. I’m not sure why but it suits her as now she’s nicknamed Jellybaby and Jellybean  :evillaugh:
Here they are as 4 week old kittens  :Luv:
🐾New crazy cat lady🐾

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 10:41:37 AM »

Kate - you don't have to be crazy to be a Purrs member, but it certainly helps.   ;) :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »

I'd better shut up now.  Don't wanna hijack your thread.  Do you have piccies of Jelly and Ozzy (love their names, by the way  :))

Erm . . . I'm sure those are photos in the opening post
  :-:  :P

Erm.  I noes.  But I cudden see 'em.  Then I could.   (Rolls eyes.......)   :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »

I'd better shut up now.  Don't wanna hijack your thread.  Do you have piccies of Jelly and Ozzy (love their names, by the way  :))

Erm . . . I'm sure those are photos in the opening post
  :-:  :P

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 10:31:13 AM »

I'm in love.  How beautiful are those two?   :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 10:30:26 AM »

Oooo - I cudden see photos but now I do!   Lyn is magic, clearly - she makes photos appear.   :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:28:11 AM »

Hello Kate.  Hello Jelly, and hello Ozzy   :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:   Welcome to the Forum.   ;D

Cats are great for mental wellbeing (except when they worry us half to death hacking up hairballs, bringing us beasties or taking themselves off on adventures). 

They both sound adorable.  What colour is Ozzy?   Does Jelly rule the roost? 

Please fell free to gush and share your daily doings with us - we love sharing kitty stories and adventures, and nattering about what they've been up to.   :evillaugh:  It's great that they get on well with your son, and I bet your lives have been absolutely transformed having cats of your very own to look after. 

And you gotta wurm!!   ;D  How fantastic.  The other day, we got a pair of kidneys and a tail.   :sick:  I keep asking them not to bring critturs in - the critturs would much rather be left in peace to run around happily doing what they do.  The cats take no notice.

We have three.  All former shelter cats.  Moray is the oldest.  He's 5.  He's a big floofmonsta, who looks like a purebred Norwegian Forest Cat (but he's not, bless his giant paws).   :Luv2:  Then there are two sister siblings, who are Barley-Gurley (dark tabby with cream chin and black stockings - aka Barley-Blackstockings)  and Malty Da Minx (small, white and tabby with a sweet pink nose). 

Moray is the most brash and outgoing of the three, and is top banana.  Barley is the most skittish of the three yet craves human affection.  Malt looks like butter wouldn't melt but is funnily cheeky, and has the most enchanting smiley face. 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »
Hi Kate and  :welcome: to Purrs. You are especially welcome as you brought with you photos of your beautiful kitties  :Luv2:

I'm Lyn, I have 2 - unrelated - black cats. Sky is a little girl and Alf is a big boy. I really understand what you mean about cats being necessary for your mental health  :hug:

Please forgive me for 'shouting' at you. One of our members has visual impairment, so we try to post in large font so that she can read it more easily. Most people use 14 font, but I like to be awkward, so I use 12 and bold   :briggin:

Offline JellyandOzzy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Jelly and Ozzy
Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:08:33 AM »
Hi everyone I’m Kate  :new here:
I have two 11 month old kittens called Jelly and Ozzy.
They are both invaluable to me as they are a massive help with my mental health and anxiety.
Ozzy is a big fluffy boy who is super clumsy and likes to talk, especially when he’s eaten all his dinner and wants seconds. He loves my son and follows him everywhere, sometimes joining us on the five minute walk to school.
Jelly is his dinky tortoiseshell sister who is my little love bug. She’s happiest curled up in my arms and sleeps cuddled up in bed with me, how close to my face depends on the temperature  :Luv2:
Jelly is especially in tune with me and knows when I’m starting to have a night terror and will lick my ears to wake me up. She brings me gifts daily, anything from birds and voles to leaves, feathers and even a worm  :sick:
I’ve always been around cats but these are my first kitties and I drive my family mad gushing over how cute they are so I would love to meet others who are cat mad. I look forward to meeting you all and your kitties.
🐾New crazy cat lady🐾

Link to CatChat