Author Topic: Cat-friendly Accommodation needed near London  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Cat-friendly Accommodation needed near London
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 05:52:00 AM »
We get Slow Worms, Frogs, Toads, Mice, Shrews and the odd bird.

Degus are South American rodents similar to, but much smaller than Chinchillas . Very cute, but very messy. I have to sweep the top landing and the stairs every couple of days.

Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Robert Bicknell

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Ginny, Tabatha, Koko
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 19:50:21 PM »
From the south coast, I'd be commuting and at work for about 12 hours, so they'd have to cope without me being around most of the day during the week. Are you near a train station? I don't have the luxury of worrying about things like rain : )  Degus - that's a new one on me! But I think I could manage. The cats are trivially easy to take care of, they don't use the litter boxes anymore since theye've got miles of countryside to use, they just need a can opened whenever they decide to show up, though sometime they stay out for a couple of days at a time now that it's open season on voles and grasshoppers. Tabs did bring back a live snake once, but it was tiny and harmless.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 19:19:39 PM »
Me! Me! Me! You'll have to look after some degus, 3 snakes, 5 cats and some fish though. By the sea and The South Downs, lots of rain though. ;)

Offline Robert Bicknell

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 18:48:44 PM »
She is a very sweet cat, I didn't stand much chance. With luck, a local couple are coming tomorrow to take her and kittens - thanks to Digameextra - an expats daily news blog for this part of Spain. The couple have lots of space, know cats, and want to keep them all together, so I hope that's problem number 376 solved. Just got to find somewhere for the rest of us now. Here I have a 3-bed house, pool, orchard with every kind of fruit, rolling hills and mountains all around, can see the Mediterranean. If anyone wants to swap for a couple of weeks, heh...

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 17:59:12 PM »
Yay!!   Link working fine now.  Gordon Bennett - she's lovely, and the kittens are extremely lively!   ;D :Luv:

Offline Robert Bicknell

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 17:03:35 PM »
Right! When mama came to my door, I thought she was too young to have starting mating, and I never heard any of the crazy-making 24-hour miaowing of heat, but it turned out she's just small and was already pregnant - within a couple of weeks she was ballooning. I took her to the vets thinking the worming medicine was not working... and well... the rest is obvious : )

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 16:49:05 PM »
The link works for me. The kittens are doing well, they look very big compared with Mama Cat  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 10:35:49 AM »

It'll be my end Robert - my lack of techspertise is legend on this forum.   :innocent: :-[

Offline Robert Bicknell

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
Hmm - I doublechecked the link in a few ways and it plays for me each time. Please have another go. https://youtu.be/LLyw5ILDPAU

And another from today: https://youtu.be/S-SGu-2xNCU

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 09:29:50 AM »

Aw pants.  There's an error with playback.  I bet they're growing so fast!    ;D

Offline Robert Bicknell

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 09:09:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply - yes, it's tough finding somewhere just with my own cats, let alone a stray and her kittens. I thought you might like to see how the kittens are getting on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLyw5ILDPAU&feature=youtu.be

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 07:06:01 AM »

Hi Robert.  I really hope you can get sorted.  Am miles away from London, so not much practical help to offer unfortunately, but understand your frustration.  I have family who are just in the final processes of returning to the UK from Spain and I know they are having similar difficulties trying to get somewhere for their two dogs and one cat.  They are now sorted, but it's been a bit of a challenge for them.
Very much hope you get somewhere for you and your family very soon. 

:crossed:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 22:12:22 PM »
Sorry I wasn't of more help. I really hope that you find somewhere. :crossed:

Offline Robert Bicknell

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 18:08:07 PM »
Hi Paula, thanks for commenting - yes I have explored what the sites and agents have - it's thin pickings, often they will only accept one pet and have no outdoor space - hence my appeal here to real community of cat slaves / appreciators. Gotta try... : )

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 17:47:44 PM »
Hi Robert and  :welcome:

I just googled Cat friendly lettings agents London and loads came up, only thing I could think of. Good luck! :crossed: :crossed:

The kittens are adorable. :Luv:

Offline Robert Bicknell

• Kitten
Cat-friendly Accommodation needed near London
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 10:58:50 AM »
Hi All,
I'm having real difficulty finding accommodation near London that will allow cats. I have 3 adult cats, am relocating back from Spain and need a home for us all from July 1. I'll be in the London area throughout June to start work and make permanent living arrangements. For myself, I only need a place to sleep, the only hard requirements are that I can get to work in central London and that the place is safe and comfortable for the animals. They are all house-trained, vaccinated and well behaved. I've also taken in a stray who just had 4 kittens, so if you know anyone in the Malaga area that would like a kitten, they'll be ready to leave their mum around the start of July.
Please help! And thanks for reading.
Robert

Link to CatChat