Author Topic: Good quality Amazon own brand food at a decent price.  (Read 11827 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Good quality Amazon own brand food at a decent price.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »
Ha Ha

I wasn't sure if the discount came up for everyone. I know that sometimes they just target. Glad you got it too. I need to work out how to cancel my subscription,but no rush as I plan to order more anyway. Annoyingly I selected 'every 2 months' but it is telling me my next delivery is by 3rd July.

As for the Purina One,it's still a favourite here.I keep hoping they will do another deal on it, although £10 for 3kg is pretty good  (although getting through nearly a bag a week with the hedgehogs)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Good quality Amazon own brand food at a decent price.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:01:25 AM »

Dontcha just love it when someone takes the legwork out of researching catfud for ya and throwing a 40% discount in for good measure  :)   

Have just ordered a bag and will cancel subscription when fud arrives as have loads of dry food at but couldn't resist 40% off.  Your recommendation of the Purine One when it was on offer turned out to be a great one so fingers crossed.

:thanks: Mark  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Good quality Amazon own brand food at a decent price.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:32:45 AM »
Hi all,

I haven't posted for ages, but just came on to recommend Amazon own brand 'Lifelong' dry food. It isn't grain-free but has a high chicken content (much higher than Purina One) and doesn't contain wheat,although does have rice and corn in. £24.99 delivered for a 10kg bag, although cheaper if you do subscribe & save. I was a bit dubious as my lot refuse to touch Aldi premium food and quite a few others.

Anyway all the cats took to it straight away, as did the hedgehogs :) - I tried the last cat on it last night (our toothless calici cat, Lukas who is in isolation) he wolfed it down and made such a pig of himself that I found out this morning he had brought it up again!   

Anyway, it contains ingredients found in other premium foods, glucosamine, chondroitin,Yukka etc.

They also do a wet version which appears to be the same food sold as Catessy by Zooplus and Lidl premium pouches.

Not sure if everyone gets the message but an offer came up with 40% off the first bag if you order as subscribe & save (which you can then cancel!) So paid £12 for the 10kg.

Amazon also do a cheaper own-brand range called Solimo but that looks pretty rubbish (cereal as the first ingredient)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Brand-Lifelong-Complete-Chicken/dp/B07HB68WMV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2OQXF4MLD5O32&keywords=lifelong+cat+food&qid=1559722467&s=gateway&sprefix=Lifelong+cat%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-3

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat