Author Topic: Sort of new here!  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Amber & Kaddu

• Kitten
Re: Sort of new here!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 18:09:41 PM »
I've tons of photos of Kaddu but none that I can get on here - I think they are too large but I will keep trying!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 19:28:43 PM »
Thanks Vicky, do you have any photos of Kaddu? Looks like a complete babe. :Luv:

My other three are, in order of appearance, due to one of our members running a rescue, Pippa, a feral who was so ill she crawled into a basket during a TNR of a feral colony, Sheila said she could go either way, she went the affectionate way and you'd never know she had such a bad start. Then came Pirate, he has congenital deformities, one eye orbit is too small and his third eyelid goes across his eye rendering him partially sighted, he is also missing an ear flap and has a curly piggy tail. The last is my big boy Merlin, he is a huge, but not fat, 6.2 kilos :shocked:, he managed to tear himself out of a snare at the cost of the pads on one of his front paws, he came to me as a foster to see if he could keep his leg, there was no way after 8 weeks he was going anywhere.  :evillaugh: He has kept his leg and moves around three legs and a dot. He is also FIV positive.

They were all feral/strays, but are loving, wonderful cats. :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I also have four Degus, three snakes and several fish.

If I was a billionaire I would have a zoo. ;) 
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Amber & Kaddu

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 17:57:31 PM »
Kaddu is the kitten more or less right in the middle of the pic, just behind Amber's front leg

Love the story about your cats :)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 16:57:21 PM »
Aw, Bless! Amber is gawjuss. :Luv: Which kitten is Kaddu?

No regrets ever about cat stories and photos, post away. ;D

All my cats are rescues in some way, Emo was my Daughters cat, but she hates babies, so when T got pregnant again I got the call, "Mum, you know you've always loved Emo." At the time I only had Trouble so we went 180 miles each way to pick her up, then came Bob, a lady at works cat had a litter, another lady took one of the kittens and ended up in hospital for three days on drips as she is so allergic to cats. she came back crying her eyes out as the rescues were full and she didn't know what to do, so I spoke up and took Bob, who is a beautiful black tortie girl. She brought Bob in at the end of my shift, with a bin liner full of toys, I expected my old man to go nuts, all he said when I took in the carrier was, "What is that?" I said "What does it look like?" Surprisingly, that was that.

I lost Trouble 22/12/2014 three days before Christmas, but he was 18. :'(

BTW, we tend to make the font size of our posts larger, there are sight impaired people on the site and they find it hard to read, I use 14.

Have a good evening Honey. xxx

Offline Amber & Kaddu

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 15:52:44 PM »
Thank you for all your welcomes

Paula - You may regret asking more about Amber and Kaddu!  But here goes............

Back on September 2013, we gave a friend a lift to pick up two cats as their owner could no longer care for them, the cats were Amber and her assumed sister who was given the name Sky.  Amber was heavily pregnant and we offered her a home until she'd had her kittens, it was decided it was better for her here than at my friends due to several reasons one of which our house was quieter and their house was a mad house.

Before this, I'd been thinking about a cat but hubby was adamant that he didn't want a cat, he had no problem Amber lodging with us til she'd had her litter but as far as he was concerned that was it!  Within 2 days she'd got her paws well and truly under the table and he was forced to eat his words admitting that he couldn't turn her out

Two weeks to the day since we collected her, we'd been out for the day and we came home to find her giving birth and struggling, I sat down with her, removed the kittens umbilical cords and dried them off for her.  I think they'd been coming quite fast as she wasn't having time to clean them all before the next one arrived.  Hubby was heard to say something about that I wasn't to get attached to any of the kittens as none of them would be staying.  Several weeks later he was forced to eat his words again as Kaddu had decided that our house would suit her very well thank you and that she had no intentions of moving out!

Well thats them, 5 years later we wouldn't be without them and they are our family, some people have children, not for us thank you we'll just have cats!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 13:18:14 PM »
Welcome back Vicky, Amber and Kaddu,  :welcome: Lovely to have you back. Please tell us more of Amber and Kaddu, photos are always welcome too.

I am Paula and owned by Emo, Merlin, Bob, Pippa and Pirate.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 13:15:09 PM »
Hi and Welcome back  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
Hello Vicky

Welcome back to you Amber and Kaddu.  How very dare real life get in the way of Purrs!   :shify:  Glad you've rejoined   :welcome: :welcome:

Offline Amber & Kaddu

• Kitten
Sort of new here!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:43:00 AM »
I've just joined but I've been here before, then real life got in the way and with one thing and another. As I couldn't remember my old password, I've started again!

I'm Vicky and as the username suggests I have two cats, Amber and Kaddu who are Mum and Daughter

Looking forward to being an active member and talking all things feline!

Link to CatChat