Author Topic: Feliway  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Re: Feliway
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »
Was going to try Feliway Friends as that is meant to be for cat on cat conflict. Not sure if it will help with a dog though  :-:

Eddie got into a bit of trouble last night. She finally flipped at Trixie. Whilst she didn't snap at her she did show teeth and barked. Think she must have had enough of Trixie's constant bullying but obviously I had to tell her off and put her in 'time out'.  Feel like a bad mummy when I have to be firm with her as she starts to cower and cry. Think it's from her previous owner so hopefully she'll learn that getting a telling off doesn't mean she is going to be hit.

The fireworks don't seem to be helping the situation, although I imagine pet owners all over the country are having similar issues.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 06:38:25 AM »
We got a feliway plug in when we got gus, jess was having trouble getting over the loss of Bella and then we introduced  a giant cat/kitten. She was not happy at all wouldn't tolerate gus anywhere near bellas spots and wouldn't let him upstairs as well as being so sad. It did take a week to fully kick in but they were all so much happier and relaxed I won't say jess and gus are the best of friends but there so much happier

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 13:00:28 PM »
My partner pointed out that we've tried Feliway on Trixie before and it didn't work (Frankenstein got hit by a car last year and when we brought him home Trixie took issue with him being fed in the crate rather than with her...)

Think we may just have to rough it out. For the most part Eddie is ignoring Trixie although she does run into the spare room from time to time to check she is still there. Trixie is still crabby but not to the same extend. Some of that is probably because Eddie is understanding my commands more so if I see Trixie getting crabby I call her away.

What fun :p

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 18:03:58 PM »
I do swear by Zylkene too, it's for dogs and cats, so it couldn't hurt to try, but it does take a little while to take effect. Or affect as someone at work keeps writing. :censored:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 13:14:39 PM »
I'd be tempted to try Adaptil to calm Trixie in the hope they will be more accepting. And maybe calming treats for the cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 12:26:09 PM »
Thanks team, will have an investigation.

It seems to be the landing and stairs which cause problems. I'm guessing it's because Eddie has to get close to pass Trixie and she isn't keen. In the bedroom and other areas she is OK unless Eddie gets less than half a metre. Trixie has always licked my neck when we cuddle, not sure but I think it's a comfort thing as I raised her from a few weeks old. She's not done it with Eddie in the room since we got her. Last night she didn't realise Eddie was on the bed with me and jumped up. Straight away I gently pulled her to me for cuddles which she did. She looked up whenever Eddie moved but there was no drama. It was lovely to have them both cuddling  :Luv:

I do feel for Eddie. I know it's normal for the cats to put her in the place but all she actually wants to do is have a sniff. Trixie and Eddie both have a similar silly play drive so if they could get over this they would get along really well. Oh well, I can dream!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 20:47:56 PM »
I found mine were better with the Feliway friends rather than the ordinary Feliway.  Good luck :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 17:48:36 PM »
  Maybe try all three to see which is better.
Yeah, but maybe one at a time.  :evillaugh:

I like Feliway, and they have a new Feliway Friends plug-in which is specifically for introducing new cats.

Pet remedy spray is great for carriers.

:evillaugh:  Yes.  Quite. 

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 16:29:38 PM »
  Maybe try all three to see which is better.
Yeah, but maybe one at a time.  :evillaugh:

I like Feliway, and they have a new Feliway Friends plug-in which is specifically for introducing new cats.

Pet remedy spray is great for carriers.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 16:30:31 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 16:27:46 PM »
Pet Remedy also do a spray which you can put on your hands and it's safe to stroke on their fur, it helped with Bully Boy Merlin.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 15:24:27 PM »
 I've had better success with Pet Remedy than Feliway and i know others who swear by Adaptil.  Maybe try all three to see which is better.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 14:03:16 PM »
Sassybot, pretty much anything is worth a try in this situation! I know that some people here have had good results with Feliway, I have had some success with 'Pet Remedy' which is similar.

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
Feliway
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »
Has anyone used Feliway when introducing a new animal to the house?

Trixie has upped her hatred of Eddie this week to the point where she is refusing to let her go up or down stairs. Just wondering if it's worth a shot but I don't know anyone who has used it before.

Link to CatChat