Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Getting used to doggo

(1/8) > >>

Sassybot:
No more progress to report really.

Trixie does keep hissing and swiping at her if she goes anywhere near her. Eddie only seems interested in Trixie if she tries to go in the living room and on the few times we've let her go and investigate, Trixie has stood her ground.

Frankenstein is worrying me though. Unlike Trixie, if Eddie get's too close, he just runs off. Since Eddie isn't seeing him as much she is still excited by him. What he needs to do is give her a smack and stand his ground but he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Wondering if I should try and engineer some occasions where Eddie can watch him moving around more so he isn't as exciting. If I can get her to not be that interested in him he may come downstairs more which would be great as I really miss him.

Eddie has her first afternoon at 'doggy daycare' today which I'm excited about. Will do her good to meet some other dogs.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   It's lovely though, isn't it?   :)

When Tess was alive, she loved cats.  She adored Paddy, and the couple of cats we ended up looking after temporarily.  And what was even lovelier was that Paddy loved her too.   :)

And the dog we had before, Kindee, when she went blind, Paddy and Flynn used to act as her eyes, and ears, and would accompany her in the garden, and stay close to her side.  It was a very touching relationship.  Animals are just the best.   ;D

Sassybot:
I swear I have a habit of only having daft animals. The cats are getting a little more comfortable with Eddie and she is trying to encourage them to play with her. At one point this meant I have all three animals squirming around on their backs in different parts of the living room...

Could hear Frankie and Trixie playing downstairs in the night which was nice as they have been understandably quiet. I could also hear Eddie whining a little as she wanted to join in but was separated by the baby gate. Silly bunch of sillys.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
:evillaugh:

Then no wonder!   :rofl: :rofl:

Sassybot:
It's Trixie in the pictures :) Aside from the furball incident Frankie is dealing with Eddie by staying out her way. They've both reacted how I would expect. Trixie can be very grumpy at times where as Frankenstein doesn't have a mean bone in his body. 

Eddie really tries with everyone. She is a dog that just wants everyone to love her, it's such a shame that it comes out negatively when we walk her.

It's been three weeks since Eddie joined the family and I'm mostly happy with the progress. They don't all have to be best friends (although I expect Frankie and Eddie will eventually curl up together) however I am missing the cats being downstairs in the evening. They both have tried but Eddie gets too excited and frightens them. Hopefully the more they try and the more Eddie learns to obey me the calmer things will be :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version