Author Topic: PURRFECT NEWS FOR PUPPIES AND KITTENS  (Read 2871 times)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
Re: PURRFECT NEWS FOR PUPPIES AND KITTENS
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 22:29:35 PM »

About time too

They have also banned the shock collars in England so now they are illegal in the whole of the UK

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 18:28:32 PM »
I THINK THIS WOULD HAVE STOPPED ME GETTING LUPIN BUT PRINT TOO SMALL FOR ME TO READ.

WHAT HAPPENS TO ANIMALS NO LONGER WANTED BY THEIR OWNERS, ESPECIALLY IF NO RESCUES CLOSE

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 22:58:13 PM »
/vNot puppies or kittens, but the person I picked the Degus from said "I hope that they are going to a good home." That was it, I could have been anyone, this is also a loophole that needs to be closed, I have read up on diet etc. before taking them on but it should be compulsory for all animals before rehoming to make sure the prospective owners have a good understanding of the animals needs as well as the source.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 22:10:15 PM »
You are right Paula, a nationwide education program would be a start, but I think there will always be people who want an animal on the cheap and don't care where it came from. Hopefully this will make things a little better though  :crossed:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 18:19:52 PM »
TBH, I haven't seen a pet shop selling a puppy or kitten for donkeys years. All very well saying see the puppy or kitten with it's Mum, but I am sure that backstreet breeders will get around it somehow. It depends how far it goes.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 21:33:51 PM »
Yes, I was delighted to hear this  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Link to CatChat