Cat General > General Cat Chat

Insurance again

(1/3) > >>

Judecat (Paula):
When I was an instructor on the motorbikes we used to say to pupils, "Yes Insurance Companies are licensed bandits, but it it is a legal requirement." That is exactly what they are, licensed bandits. For anything. >:(

Sue P (Paddysmum):

Desley - that's why we stayed with Healthy pets.  They agreed to insure but no cover for anything vaccination related.  Bought by Many initially said they would cover on the same basis but then changed their minds.  I was very relieved we'd double checked the position before switching policies. 

I think Reviews can be helpful, but you have to be pretty skilful to read between the lines.  And to be honest, a lot of Insurers, regardless of house, car or health, will do anything they possibly can to avoid having to pay out on a claim.  It makes trying to select the right insurance for your needs a bit of a minefield.

jezebel:
If you start delving, you find none of them have particularly good reputations. Animal Friends' reviews are either five stars and high praise or one-starred angry stories. Healthy Pets doesn't fare much better. I've stopped reading reviews.  :Crazy:

dawnf:

--- Quote from: Desley (booktigger) on August 15, 2018, 13:31:14 PM ---I always thought they just wouldn't be covered for anything they could have been vaccinated for Sue?

--- End quote ---
  that was the case when Star needed something, I said the same thing on a thread here and Rosella told me to claim and I got the money back!

Desley (booktigger):
Wouldn't use Animal Friends, they don't have a good reputation of paying. I always thought they just wouldn't be covered for anything they could have been vaccinated for Sue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version