Cat General > Our cats stories

Say hello to Bruce

<< < (2/22) > >>

Judecat (Paula):
That was my first thought too Sue, trouble is there will also be lime and that is really toxic so if you can dissuade him that would be a really good idea.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
He may be getting salts from the concrete.

Doe-ent Bruce.   ;)

jezebel:
Thank you! It's still early days but it's promising.

I'm learning more about him every day. He has a particular miaow if I stroke him in the wrong place or when I touch his feet (I'm trying to get him used to his feet being touched so I can trim his claws). It's like the whingey noise humans make, a kind of two-sylllable "don't": doe-ent.
We found him licking the concrete floor in the bat cave today. What's that about? (There's nothing on the floor to harm him.)

Sue P (Paddysmum):

Jezebel, can I just say, I think you're making definite progress.  Obviously the upstairs tray is a challenge, but we'll done on tackling, and succeeding at least in part.   :hug:

jezebel:
Desley, we thought Bruce would likely live out his life in rescue too - that was half the reason we took him. You're spot on: what with his three legs, his hyperthyrodism and the random peeing - on top of being black and nine years old, AND he'd been returned once already, he wouldn't be most people's first choice.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic that things are improving a little. We're still leaving a bowl of food on his favourite peeing place and so far this has worked. In fact, we forgot to put the bowl down yesterday when we went out but it was fine.
He now has a semi-permanent litter tray in the cellar (which we've renamed the Bat Cave because he likes to hang out down there!).

He seems more relaxed and is finally using his new bed. He's also become a sofa cat will sometimes sit with us in the evening.

Also, I have a suspicion that it's Drum who's been peeing outside Bruce's upstairs litter tray. I thought he was just missing the tray but it happened again yesterday evening and I'm pretty certain he hadn't been upstairs. I'm not sure if it bothers him, though, cos I've seen him using her tray.
I never thought I'd find cats' toileting habits so fascinating! :Crazy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version