Author Topic: Laid back Jack  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
Re: Laid back Jack
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 01:29:41 AM »
THAT IS LUPINS FAVOURITE SLEEPING POSITION TOO.

WHAT HANDSOME BOYS

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 06:50:32 AM »

So pleased you were able to take jack and Jasper into your home.  You can see from the earlier photo that Jasper wasn't as wary, whereas Jack looks unsure.

We've had our semi feral gurlies for three years last November.  They were dumped in a cardboard box in a garden, and they were just on about 8 weeks.  They were totally shut down when they came to us. 

They're great now - loving and affectionate cats, but I confess that we still can't pick them up.  They will have cuddles with us, and enjoy hanging out with us, but we've hit a barrier in terms of being able to pick them up, which makes getting them to a vet very challenging. 

That said, they've come a long way since we got them, and I wouldn't swap them for the world. 

You can be rightly proud seeing Jack so relaxed.   :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 17:55:42 PM »
What utterly hansum boys!!

I recognise that first pose - Alf also likes to lie with legs akimbo. Another black tart! Poor little Sky has never relaxed quite enough for that and is currently back to a tight ball since I committed the cardinal sin of flea-treating her  :(

Offline Aphid

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Jack and Jasper
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 17:26:21 PM »
And more recently....

Offline Aphid

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 17:20:58 PM »
Where did he come from, Aphid?  Do you know anything of his back history?
Jack (and Jasper) were rescued together as kittens scavenging an existence from a car park. RSPCA caught them and neutered them. Sadly they intended to simply return them to the car park having clipped the top of their right ears, so they knew they had no need to catch them again. A local cat homing charity I had a cat from several years ago stepped in and took them in to rehome them as a pair, since they were rescued together. They were there for about 9 months, I believe. Many people wanted fluffy, friendly ginger Jasper but not timid Jack! But the lovely lady at the rehoming charity understandably insisted that they should only be rehomed together. Wanting two new cats after the untimely passing of my remaining cat, they were just what I was looking for...and it’s been all good since then. Two lovely, now we’ll adjusted and loving boys who love playing together. This was them at the rehoming centre four years ago! How they have changed, for the better,

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 16:31:11 PM »
Where did he come from, Aphid?  Do you know anything of his back history?

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 15:58:21 PM »
My Emo sleeps like that too, two black tart cats! :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:40:56 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:  That's brilliant.   ;D. He looks so comfortable

Offline Aphid

• Kitten
Laid back Jack
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »
Jack, one of my two rescued cats, relaxing in one of his favourite, uninhibited poses..
Hard to believe how frightened and timid he was when we first got him 4 years ago!

Link to CatChat