Author Topic: Insurance again  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Insurance again
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 17:11:55 PM »
When I was an instructor on the motorbikes we used to say to pupils, "Yes Insurance Companies are licensed bandits, but it it is a legal requirement." That is exactly what they are, licensed bandits. For anything. >:(
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 15:03:47 PM »

Desley - that's why we stayed with Healthy pets.  They agreed to insure but no cover for anything vaccination related.  Bought by Many initially said they would cover on the same basis but then changed their minds.  I was very relieved we'd double checked the position before switching policies. 

I think Reviews can be helpful, but you have to be pretty skilful to read between the lines.  And to be honest, a lot of Insurers, regardless of house, car or health, will do anything they possibly can to avoid having to pay out on a claim.  It makes trying to select the right insurance for your needs a bit of a minefield.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 14:57:14 PM »
If you start delving, you find none of them have particularly good reputations. Animal Friends' reviews are either five stars and high praise or one-starred angry stories. Healthy Pets doesn't fare much better. I've stopped reading reviews.  :Crazy:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline dawnf

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: star, willow
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 14:36:15 PM »
I always thought they just wouldn't be covered for anything they could have been vaccinated for Sue?
  that was the case when Star needed something, I said the same thing on a thread here and Rosella told me to claim and I got the money back!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 13:31:14 PM »
Wouldn't use Animal Friends, they don't have a good reputation of paying. I always thought they just wouldn't be covered for anything they could have been vaccinated for Sue?
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 11:26:14 AM »

We were going to switch to Bought by Many as their quote for the three was very good for better grade cover, but when I checked and double checked, the gurlies would not have been covered (in spite of us calling to clarify, and initially being told it would be fine)  because their vaccination boosters weren't up to date (as Mrs Beeton's famous recipe for rabbit pie goes:   "First, Catch your rabbit.....")

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 10:34:59 AM »
Thanks Paula, I got a quote from Bought by Many but it was a bit pricey compared to the others.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 21:01:43 PM »
I am with Bought By Many, it costs £54 for 5 cats, but so far I have not had to claim.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 20:56:26 PM »
Great, thanks Sue.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 20:17:13 PM »

I've been with Healthy Pets for over 15 years and have had good, straightforward service.  Have a claim going through at present for Moray. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 19:51:13 PM »
SORRY CANT HELP

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
Insurance again
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 19:16:25 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with Animal Friends or Healthy Pets?
I've got good quotes from both for lifetime cover for Bruce but wanted to ask on here before I click 'buy now'.
Thanks.

Link to CatChat