Lost & Found Cats > Lost & Found General

Oliver missing - nearly 2 weeks now

(1/10) > >>

Sue P (Paddysmum):
Some people can be incredibly callous and insensitive. 

We have friends who lost a baby, and were casually told "there'll be more babies to come but not if you fret about the one you've lost."  :doh: :doh:

A well intentioned neighbour once told me, on learning about one of our cats having been killed on the road "Oh they're very silly, aren't they?"   :-: :-:

Glad you gave her a mouthful.    :hug: :hug: There are times in the past when I've been too embarrassed and polite to say what I've thought, but as I've got older, I find it can be a therapeutic to put someone in their place for rudeness, especially if they aren't used to you pushing back.

I find that most often, those who say loftily they "just tell it like it is" can seldom take it in return.

:boxer:

Lesley Frankie:
Thank you very much Sue. It's 2.5 months since Ollie left. I have managed to persuade myself that because he has not been found dead, he is still alive although I have given up hope that we will see him again. Our vet told my friend whose own cat has also gone missing that one of his 'patients' recently returned home after being gone for 9 months - she just appeared at the door of her home one day. We have kept the posters up around the village and we still call for him every night from around the house. It's all we can do.  My only real hope is that Ollie will get himself home or, someone will take him to a vet and his chip will be scanned.  It feels awful that I have almost got used to him not being here - it feels so disloyal.

I really appreciate the support from you and others on the forum. Sometimes other people can be horrible- a few weeks ago, a woman who has a holiday home here  breezed into my home and said 'I'm really sorry to tell you but he won't be coming home again' . I felt like I'd been punched. I was furious with her and gave her a mouthfull. What makes people be so horrible.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
Lesley, just wanted to say am thinking of you, and your current situation.  Topping up the positive thoughts  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lesley Frankie:
Thank you everyone. It is obviously going to be an emotional roller-coaster ride for me until I can come to terms with Ollie's disappearance.  However, I am cheered by your support and by the many lovely tales of cats returning home after many months.  In fact, my OH's family live in a very rural part of Ontario - they back onto a national park - it's really deep country. Years ago one of their cats would go away every year at the end of the winter and would return the day before the first storm of winter. Then another of their cats did the same thing as the first one. They would leave and return separately but always within a day of each other. My in-laws could even predict when they would return according to the weather forecast. This continued for years although one year, only one came home.  He may have been  elderly by this time as my in-laws cats tended to live well in to their 20s. I guess that some cats really do just make a decision to go on an adventure.

Judecat (Paula):
I had my two identical boys, markings wise but one ginger and one tabby, Pixel disappeared when he was about 5, they were littermates and I know he would have come back to Trouble if he could. The Council didn't find him on the roads, the railway workers on the line opposite didn't find him either. All I had to comfort me was hoping that as a lovely affectionate cat who used to sit at the end of the drive to greet people, someone who would look after him well had stolen him. We live near a train station and people park all down the road and maybe they lived too far away for him to return to us.

Microchips were rolled out a couple of years later and I have had my cats chipped ever since.

I refused and still do to think of the alternative. His brother was PTS three Christmases ago at the age of 18 so I know I'll never see him again. :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version