Author Topic: Our beautiful Bella  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Our beautiful Bella
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 10:00:28 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  They may turn peach as they blossom and fade .  How lovely.   :Luv:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 09:34:14 AM »
Bellas rose has begun to bloom, but as always Bella had the last laugh. Dd hates the colour pink, so picked a peach coloured rose bush, guess what colour the flowers are, pink. Dd says bellas sat up there laughing at the roses being pink

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:35 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv:  How lovely. 

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »
At the weekend we went to the garden centre and dd picked a rose Bush to plant in the garden in bellas memory, we've extended the flower bed and dd helped to plant it. She's put barney's statue under it so they can be together. This weekend we're going to put together a photo book of dds favourite Bella pictures for her, I didn't realise how many photos we have of her there's hundreds

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 19:25:58 PM »
Sorry, I didn't realise that you had posted about DD on this thread. I think that is a lovely thing to do, and couldn't put it better than Sue. She always puts everything so succinctly and warmly.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 08:15:58 AM »
That's good to hear, although I'm sorry that your lovely girl is suffering alopecia again as a result of the grieving process she's going through.  Bless her heart, I hope that it will begin to grow in again very soon.   :hug: :hug:

Yes, the size of the hole they leave behind them is far greater than the size of the cat.  I think it will be a lovely tribute to Bella, that other cats will benefit from something she loved.   :)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 06:15:28 AM »
Just thought I'd update on us, dd is starting to come through her grief and is now talking about bella with love and laughter rather than sadness, unfortunately it has triggered her alopecia again but hopefully the hair loss will stop and start to regrow soon. I miss the small things having Bella laid on the back of the sofa snoring like a little tractor, being able to leave food unattended, knowing it won't be eaten, and all the fur everywhere that drove me mad. Bella was very fluffy, jess and Harris have short fur.
This weekend we're going to buy lots of dreamies (bellas favourite treat) and take them to the rescue to donate in bellas memory, dd thinks Bella would like that.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 23:30:00 PM »
A Memory Box is a lovely idea, and so good of the rescue to send a card for it as well as a copy of the leaflet. :Luv2: I am so glad to hear that dd has started to eat again.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 10:02:05 AM »
I contacted the rescue as a while ago Bella and dd featured in a leaflet and asked if they had any copies for when dd does her memory box. Today received a beautiful card from them and a copy of the leaflet. Dd has finally started eating,  jess is still looking very sad, although she is having moments of demanding attention, Harris is as ever oblivious to everything.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss. A beautiful tribute.
Play well at the bridge Bella x
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 23:24:58 PM »
Am so sorry. Thinking of you and your beautiful girl  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 20:55:05 PM »
So sorry for your loss  :hug:

RIP Bella  :(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 20:22:08 PM »
RIP Bella darling, you really re an angel now.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »
Gods, that's brought a lump to my throat.

There are times in our lives when very special bonds are created, and valuable life lessons are brought to us.  When they include love in abundance, and laughter and closeness and support and a mutual respect, then we've truly been blessed. 

Your daughter will have a wealth of very special memories to accompany her through life, and Bella's legacy will live on in her, and all of you left behind.

To Bella, a truly remarkable and special soul. 

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Our beautiful Bella
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:18:54 AM »
Bellas story unfortunately starts with the death of our previous cat to antifreeze poisoning. We were all heartbroken and went to the rescue to look at a cat we'd seen on the website. We saw the cat but she was scared of dd so we were introduced to another cat Bella. It was love at first sight between dd and Bella, there's no other way to say it, we were not leaving without Bella. She came home with us that day and just fit in like she was supposed to be with us. Her and dd would spend ages playing together, if dd was ill Bella would lay with her never leaving her side. Eventually Bella was allowed out and would go visiting other people's houses and as she looked so small everyone would feed her so she got a bit plump. That year she was attacked by dogs and then got a very nasty virus, we were scared we were going to loose her but when she survived we decided to keep her as a house cat.  The next year we adopted jess, a kitten and Bella took on the role of her mum. Dd and bellas love and bond continued to grow, Bella would sleep with dd nightclothes while she was at school and look for her at home time.
The time dd was admitted to hospital for a few days Bella was inconsolable and slept in her room and spent the day walking around the house looking for dd.
We eventually added another kitten to our family (Harris) and I swear Bella just rolled her eyes and said not again.
Over the past few years dd has had a rough time, food allergies, early puberty anxiety and then when Bella was diagnosed with her heart problem last year,  dd developed  alopecia due to stress. Even though we knew how sick Bella was she would still spend every minute with dd, she was our little angel. When dd reached her lowest and said she wanted to die due to everything Bella never left her side, she'd let dd cuddle her whilst crying and never complained about getting wet. For the past year Bella had everything we could to make her comfortable, she had two birthdays, chickmas and even made it to Easter where she was spoilt rotten with lots of chicken and dreamies.
She got to the point where she was struggling to get upstairs but if she managed she'd spend the day on dds bed in a nest dd would make out of her duvet and nighties.
Bella was the most truly amazing cat I even had the pleasure of meeting, her love for dd was amazing and dd returned that love, our lives would have been far poorer if Bella hadn't been in them. She really taught dd about love and doing the right thing no matter how painful. We are all heartbroken but I know in the weeks to come we will look back at our five years with her with love and laughter, I couldn't have asked for a better best friend for dd

Link to CatChat