Author Topic: Has Coco got mild epilepsy?  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Re: Has Coco got mild epilepsy?
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:49:56 AM »
I notice sometimes Coco sits there staring at something but twice now she has been shaking her head. Once when she was lying on my daughters arm she jumped up fell on the keyboard sat up and started shaking her head, the second time was when she was on my bed this morning. I was walking with my fingers to her feet when all of a sudden she fell on her side and then sat up shaking her head up and down.

I have put her photo on your Facebook page.:)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
Just another thought - wonder if she has a grass seed or some other irritant caught in her ear?  Does she have any discoloration or discharge inside the ear?  Any unusual smell?  Does she act confused or disorientated after one of these events?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:02:56 AM »
Bless Coco.  It's possible she could have an inner ear problem, as that can create issues with balance, and may account for the head shaking.  Is it violent, or more like a tremor?

Think a visit to the vet might be able to shed more light on this.  Sending Coco a gentle little chin tickle.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Has Coco got mild epilepsy?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:09:52 AM »
I notice sometimes Coco sits there staring at something but twice now she has been shaking her head. Once when she was lying on my daughters arm she jumped up fell on the keyboard sat up and started shaking her head, the second time was when she was on my bed this morning. I was walking with my fingers to her feet when all of a sudden she fell on her side and then sat up shaking her head up and down.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:20:28 AM by Peardrop »

Link to CatChat