Cat General > Our cats stories

Meet Lukas

<< < (2/9) > >>

Desley (booktigger):
Sorry that Dom needs a dental, but a good deal by your vet really. Mine are fantastic, never known one do so much for charity, they even home some animals them self!

Mark:
Yes. There are a lot of good 'uns around. The trouble is, their hands are tied most of the time and it has to be done 'by the book' Your situation sounds similar. Vet close to retirement and selling the practice etc. One thing we don't have here is overnight. There is a Vets Now about 6 miles away. Better than nothing and hopefully won't be needed. The old vet was really good with Laz. He used to insist on (free) 6-weekly check-ups for his BP etc. They also unblocked him several times due to his megacolon 'on the house'.

Rosella moggy:

Glad I saw it first  ;)  Now packing my bags and cat carriers and moving south ... it is south isn't it Mark? I'll demand same deal for all 7 of the hoard when I arrive or there'll be trubble  >:( :evillaugh:

Sorry that Domino has to have a dental Mark but it's great that your practice has a scheme that provides a limit to such costs as I know well how vet costs can spiral.

I have been at our vet practice since 2006.  I moved there after a bad pts experience with Gandolf at former practice that had been taken over by a chain.  Same chain took over my current practice a year or so ago.  Head vet went semi retired and then retired at Christmas  :'( :'( :'(  He saw me through hell during Boris' final 4 months.  He was my rock and lost count of free consultations and reduced price deals he gave me over the years.  When I collected Freddie from RSPCA in 2006 he needed most of his teeth extracted but I didn't want RSPCA doing it.  He charged me £120 which was knock down price even then.

The prices charged by the current chain have increased it must be said BUT I now have 24/7 vet hospital cover so they have access to medical records in an emergency.  There are two female vets who I've got to know and like with our beautiful Billy in his final months last year.  They handled him incredibly well.  One of them goes on holiday to offer her services free in wildlife sanctuaries in far flung places.  I have however had to face the prospect of full charges now that my rock has gone  ... or so I thought.

Imagine my surprise to have been given another freebie last week for a lengthy consultation for the stray ginger Jaffa who I've been funding treatment for flea allergy dermatitis this last 6 months (helped out by freebie consults and even free flea treatment that former head vet went rummaging for).  At the end of the day most vets are going to be a little generous on occasion to good clients not least because it's good for business.  But ya know....... I reckon most vets are going to be good people to want to go into that profession in the first place  :)

Fingers crossed for Tuesday's check up  :hug:

Mark:
Yes SUe. I decided to delete my last message. I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Yes, still hefty. With meds and other stuff like neutering he has still cost well close to £500 so far  :Crazy:

Sue P (Paddysmum):
Ouch!  It was great of your vet, but still a hefty bill.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version