Author Topic: HELP!!! ADVICE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: HELP!!! ADVICE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 01:22:44 AM »
I feel so sorry for poor Sophie  :(  It may also help by speaking to Wizz direct, her contact number is on those links.

Good luck, hope you can turn the situation around

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 18:26:41 PM »
I agree with Ela, it may be better to rehome, but I would try some of the ideas on the site Ela suggested, look in particular at introducing cats and multicat households etc. Definitely try the Feliway plug ins or sprays which you can get from your vet or online. This link is quite good too http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?action=library&act=show&item=cattocatintroductions

Gillian

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 18:23:04 PM »
Aww poor Sophie.  My heart goes out to you and Sophie, it must be very upsetting.  As Ela said, http://www.wizz-catz.co.uk/, is a very good site with lots of info on introducing and re-introducing cats.  Its got to be worth a shot, especially as you dont want to lose her.
I wish you lots of luck and best wishes, I really hope it all works out xxx

Offline sparklepanties

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 18:02:17 PM »
Hi Ela,

Thanks for your reply.   I don't think her life style is acceptable either hence why i'm seeking advice.  The well being and safety of my cats is my up most priority and the thought of her going back to her current abode all the time breaks my heart.   I have seriously thought about re-homing her even though its the last thing i'd like to do.  If i kept her in like you suggested how long would i keep her in for and i presume i'd have to keep all three in and not just her?   

Sorry if i sound a bit dence but i have no idea what to do now?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 17:54:12 PM »
I suggest you see Cat behaviour on http://www.wizz-catz.co.uk/, secondly I think you should not keep letting Sophie  out just now, lastly if you cannot keep Sophie away from  the boiler room of the local social club thats situated on an industrial estate, the kindest think you can do for her (although you obviously adore her) is for her to be re-homed. I personally do not think her lifestyle acceptable just now.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 17:54:43 PM by ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline sparklepanties

• Kitten
HELP!!! ADVICE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 17:41:23 PM »
Hi my name is Claire,

I  have been surfing the internet and stumbled across this great website,  I am really in need of some advice and really hope that i can find the answers here.   I have three lovely cats but unfortunately one of them doesnt get on with the other two.   

Originally I had just the one which is my eldest cat Sophie who is 4 and a beautiful tortoise shell.  Then came along Simba who is 2 year old  cream and white burmese.  They didnt get along as such together, Simba wanted to play but sophie didnt so she tolerated him being around.  Things were fine until i decided to take on another kitten a few months ago.  It was never my intention to have 3 cats but i took in my youngest cat Dee Dee a female who is now 8 months old.   Simba and Dee Dee have bonded wonderfully, eating, playing and sleeping together but of course now they are an 'item'  Simba is pushing Sophie out of the picture all together.  He guards the cat flap so she cant get in and even sits at the top of the garden path and chases her off if she comes near.  When i do mange to bring her in she just hides under my bed and just hisses and spits at everyone. There have been some whopping cat fights between them.  I thought things would settle down and they would tolerate things in the end but now Sophie has 'moved out'  and spends all her time in the boiler room of the local social club thats situated on an industrial estate not far from my house.  I keep bringing her back but she just goes off back there when she can.   Does anyone have any advice or tips on what i can do?  I dont want to re-home sophie but she really doesnt like living here anymore??   :scared:  :'( :'( :scared:

kind regards   claire xx

sorry for the long post!!!

Link to CatChat