Warm Welcome to Purrs! > Welcome to Newbies :)

British short hairs

(1/3) > >>

Judecat (Paula):
What colour is she?

jiu:
I am also looking for some unique names for my 2 week old kitten, i just bought her and really excited. I found some amazing articles regarding caring of cats

Link removed by moderator

Sue P (Paddysmum):
What name have you decided on for your new baby? 

If you're getting an opportunity to visit your new furkid in advance of bringing him home, Id suggest taking with you a few pieces of cloth, so you can rub them over your new kitten, then take them home, so your boys get used to the new scent in advance.  Similarly, rub them over with a cloth and leave it with newboy.  Thatw ay they get a chance to familiarise the scent in their world, and may find it less disconcerting when Newboy arrives home.

Generally with 3 cats, you stand a good chance of choosing a personality that will match with one or other of your cats, and as you seem to have "one of each" at the moment, Newboy should gravitate to one of them if not both of them. 

Moray was horrified when he first met the girls - they were hiss-spits and ill mannered ruffians from the wrong side of the tracks.  He spat and hissed a fair old bit himself, but he was also intrigued by them, as he's basically a very social cat (when he's not busy sizing up his neighbourhood).  It didn't take long at all for them to take to Moray, and him to them.  The trouble has been in getting them to take to human contact, though they're much much better than they were.  At least you shouldn't have that difficulty with yours.   :)

Judecat (Paula):
It may be too large, but if you look at the bottom of the post you will see 'choose file', you open up pics there, but there is far better guidance in the newbies bit and it tells you how to do it, jpeg size etc.

I have no experience of British Shorthairs, but just in general, I have always neutered as early as possible, including Norwegian Forest Cats and Maine Coons and I don't honestly think that with proper nutrition that early neutering causes smaller cats. Saying that, my last cat was neutered at approx four and a half as he was a stray and he is a huge moggy at 6.2 kilos with a huge head. Swings and roundabouts and there are a lot of health benefits re:cancers that early neutering helps prevent. He is also the problematic one at introductions to other cats, in particular my half NFC, Emo. One day he will give her hell, she was here was before him, the next............

Pirate and a Pippin got into the act as well, sorry it's a bit out of focus. ;)

BTW, Emo is the big black one, 5.2 K, Pippa is the blurry muted silver tabby, Pirate is the one with one ear, one working eye and a wonky tail, congenital deformities, and Merlin is actually the biggest at 6.2 K. The wonders of perspective, I also have a lovely black tortie and white girl called Bob, don't ask. :naughty:

Carice17:
How do I upload a picture? It won't let me x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version