Author Topic: Meet Coco and Chanel  (Read 10656 times)

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Meet Coco and Chanel
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2019, 15:13:30 PM »
WOW THEY ARE COMING ON WHICH IS GREAT

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »
Well, they are certainly getting braver, let them out before brushing my teeth again, Chanel was the first to the door again, briefly got her out with a dreamie! Got up this morning to find Lucy's rainbow ribbon stick toy was in their room, not sure how they got it upstairs, its really long! Then went in the bathroom to find someone had had a poo on the puppy pad where Lucy's tray normally lives! Coco is getting a lot darker, I even googled it to check it was normal!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:24:18 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray, Malt & Barley + my beautiful lost boys - Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2019, 08:55:47 AM »

Two very relaxed gurlies there, Desley.   :Luv: :Luv:

Online Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2019, 08:06:28 AM »

Beautiful pic Desley  :Luv: :Luv:
Groucho's eyes .........  swoon

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #394 on: June 01, 2019, 19:10:56 PM »
GORGEOUS PIC

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2019, 16:32:29 PM »
Yes, I expected it to be a long process, an old poster has just come back on CC, she said that she hopes they come round eventually, my reply was 'it's only been 20 months, still early days!'. I just wish that Coco would stop hissing at me everytime I do scoop or do anything with the litter tray! It is also nice that they are still close, Chanel will be 2 this year.
Please spay your cat

Online Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2019, 21:33:16 PM »
They are definitely coming on Desley, it may be a long process, BUT, they are getting there. Well done you. ;D :hug: :hug: :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2019, 17:11:00 PM »
THEY ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO EXPLORE NOW WHICH IS GREAT, WELL DONE DESLEY

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2019, 13:37:40 PM »
Let the girls out again last night, managed to get Lucy in my room before brushing my teeth, so opened their door before doing that, Chanel was the first to leave the room, but was a bit startled to see me! I told her if she was brave she would get a dreamie, but I had to get past her first, she went back in the room, so I got the bag that lives on the landing, and threw one for her. Then when I woke up at 3, I needed a drink and I forgot to take a glass upstairs last night, so had to go down and both were in the front room, not happy to see me! Coco went on the sofa, but Chanel went in the kitchen. When I got up this morning they were both in their room, but Chanel was clearly hungry cos she went under my legs with her tail up touching me when I was sat in the chair and then kept rubbing my legs when I was dishing the food out.
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2019, 16:11:49 PM »
THATS WONDERFUL DESLEY AND THEY LOOK VERY CHILLED, GREAT PICTURE

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2019, 15:28:29 PM »
Another great weekend with them, left the door open last night, got woken up by a noise at 5, got up at 6.30 and found the room empty! Then found this!  :Luv: Then later, when I was sweeping the room, Chanel stayed laid in her bed, paws stretched looking very chilled the entire time, even when I knelt in front of her and told her I would like to kiss her paws! Normally when I sweep the room she flies onto the den as soon as I start! Then after 3 goes, I got her to eat her dreamies off my hand (they have a treat for having the room cleaned)
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2019, 13:30:06 PM »
Hate may be a strong word Liz, but is appropriate. I decided Lucy was going to be an only cat after she gave me a black eye and nearly blinded me just by seeing a cat outside! At least her re-directed aggression has improved, she doesn’t draw blood on me when she gets annoyed at the girls (she was hissing at them again this morning!), although that could be I don’t get that close to her when she’s annoyed by them. She did get a home before me, but had to be returned because she was making one of the resident cats ill, and a lot of the neighbourhood cats are scared of her, one stopped coming shortly after getting her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2019, 06:41:44 AM »
Hate is a strong word, ours come to a mutual understanding eventually and then we find them curled up together :shocked:  We have some odd mixes Harmony Bengal and her bit of rough our darling Harper feral, Maddison feral of the 3 legs and her boys Blue, Jet and Turbo, Sammy and Lynx ferals have a bromance going on and Lynx was most put out when Baku feral after 9 months living on the outside decided to come back in to be a housecat and had her eyes in Sammy now they have worked it out we mainly leave them to get on with it and just voice concern at hissing usually Blue feral at the humans :)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Online Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2019, 23:13:27 PM »
Oh dear. :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #384 on: May 13, 2019, 13:40:43 PM »
Lucy still hates them unfortunately, I popped back in after giving them their supper last night, so didn’t fully shut the door, Chanel went to investigate and Lucy first growled, then got a bit more intense as Chanel was ignoring it, at which point Chanel flew back. No wonder she is wary of leaving the room.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray, Malt & Barley + my beautiful lost boys - Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2019, 06:55:47 AM »

Apart from the hissing, Coco sounds like Barley.   :evillaugh:

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2019, 22:19:41 PM »
WOWWWWWW THIS IS REAL PROGRESS

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2019, 15:28:07 PM »
Had another interesting moment with them last night, left the door open again, but brushed my teeth after I opened the door, Coco was sat in the open doorway debating whether it was safe to leave, which was a lovely sight. Then I nearly messed things up, I realised when I got in bed my fitness tracker had come off, so thought I better look for it, Coco was on the stairs, so got very hissy, but rather than up past me she went down instead, then got scared when realised I was following her, and flew round, and on the sofa. When I went back up, I did throw a dreamie down the stairs for her as a well done. When I got up for a painkiller at 5.45, they were both in the room, I shut the door then heard Chanel playing.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #380 on: May 08, 2019, 13:13:00 PM »
Yes, they really are coming on, Chanel was in such a bonkers playing mood yesterday morning, was lovely as she had barely played with me on Mon. Coco was a bit jumpy though.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2019, 06:38:06 AM »

They're really making strides, aren't they Desley.  Love the photo of Lucy, too. :Luv:

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2019, 00:38:37 AM »
WONDERFUL PICS DESLEY THANKS FOR POSTING

Online Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #377 on: May 07, 2019, 18:17:43 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #376 on: May 07, 2019, 16:28:40 PM »
Coco was very brave last night - she wasn't really this close, I've cropped it to help with the size. Today went in to find Chanel under the rocking chair, never seen her there before but she then started playing! And for good measure, a cute pic of Lucy I took on Sun
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2019, 17:46:29 PM »
I left the door open again last night, got up 3 hours later to go to the loo, no sign of Coco in the room, couldn't see her on the stairs, but when I was leaving the bathroom she flew across the landing and back in the room. I got up another 2 times and no sign of them being out again, but I didn't shut the door till 6. Lucy was very grumpy with them at 7.30 though, growling and hissing at the door!
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #374 on: May 03, 2019, 20:14:39 PM »
WONDERFUL DESLEY

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #373 on: May 03, 2019, 16:08:39 PM »

Desley, that's amazing progress.  I wouldnt be too downhearted about Chanel.  When Coco goes out on her forays, she'll report back to her, and it'll help to build Chanel's confidence.  This is just great!   ;D

Online Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #372 on: May 03, 2019, 15:28:17 PM »
That is good Desley. :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2019, 13:35:51 PM »
Well, had a bit of a breakthrough last night, Coco was interested in the door when I gave them their supper, so I left it partly open when I went to bed. Got up an hour later to go to the loo, popped my head round and found Chanel looking a bit worried, but couldn’t see Coco – this is where I found her! I have slightly cropped this pic, she was a lot further away from me, but am impressed she stayed there long enough for me to go back for my phone and take a pic! Woke up again at 3, they were both in the room, but Chanel was still cowering a bit near the tray, so I shut the door and then I heard her move. So a bit of a dilemma, Coco is clearly ready, but Chanel is still unsettled by it and doesn’t relax till it’s shut. Will see what happens tonight.
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #370 on: April 05, 2019, 01:16:37 AM »
I AGREE WITH SUE

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #369 on: April 04, 2019, 15:08:14 PM »

For what it's worth, I think you've made the right decision. 

A fractionally open door arouses curiosity without creating the fear of a properly open door. 

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #368 on: April 04, 2019, 14:16:34 PM »
Desley we have 1 inch aviary netting on our upstairs windows on a wooden frame held in to the wall with bolts so it gives them plenty fresh air but no escapees, its down in the winter when the windows are on the security lock gives fresh air but not the freezing we would get up here
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #367 on: April 04, 2019, 13:32:27 PM »
I’ve decided against the window being changed – neighbour isn’t happy as she thinks they need the extra fresh air, but the catio was never about that for me. When I looked into the reviews of the safety netting, they are very mixed, with some people saying their cats had broken it in a couple of days. The one that gets the best reviews is one called Flat Cats, which is similar to mosquito netting secured from the inside with double sided Velcro, and they do that for top opening windows, it wouldn’t work for a tilt and glide window. The girls may have been quiet with the workmen, but Coco was quite bothered last night and wouldn’t even come for her supper like she normally does. I am just going to keep trying with the door occasionally, as they do still show interest if I don’t fully shut it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie and Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky and Cleo, forever loved.
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2019, 17:56:32 PM »
I agree with Sue. It is such a shame that the catio had to go but this doesn't sound like a worthwhile alternative  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2019, 13:57:28 PM »

Given your original aims with the catio Desley, I'm not convinced it's worth the additional hassle and expense. 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2019, 13:05:05 PM »
Well, the window man came today (typically, the girls were good and didn’t even hiss!! Seems they reserve that for me!), he can change the bottom part of the window to a tilt and glide, but opening right to left, so it would be more like a door, which would enable mesh to be put on the outside so they could get fresh air, but I’m not 100% convinced about it – my neighbour is all for it, but I’m concerned it will be confusing for them, they will get fresh air, but not extra space which was the idea of the catio. I’m waiting for a price, but if I decide to do it, it could be done in the next two weeks, he’d want it doing when the catio comes down
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2019, 18:36:39 PM »
Window person is coming on Wed to measure up and see what options there are for them to get fresh air, and came across this, could be a good alternative

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323447082070
Please spay your cat

Online Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #362 on: March 27, 2019, 19:15:33 PM »
What an utter PITA. Sorry Desley. :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #361 on: March 27, 2019, 17:26:56 PM »

Oh Desley, I suspected they might veto it too, but am so sorry they did.  It was a cracking idea. 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #360 on: March 27, 2019, 13:09:07 PM »
Council came back and said that it would require planning permission so neighbour rang them, and due to the fact I live on a back to back street, nothing would be acceptable. She spoke to someone different who knew the case as it was the talk of the office!! Builder now speaking to his window supplier to see if there is some way of adjusting the opening so we could have mesh on the inside so they can get extra fresh air. Builder is also going to try and salvage the shelves in the catio and put them inside the house – the two small ones at the side of the window for sunbathing, and the larger ones near the den to give Chanel extra levels to jump on when playing.
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie and Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky and Cleo, forever loved.
« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2019, 10:05:38 AM »
Such a hard decision Delsey  :hug:

Link to CatChat