Author Topic: Meet Coco and Chanel  (Read 104497 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Meet Coco and Chanel
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 06:45:57 AM »
That's so encouraging.   ;D ;D  I remember how excited we'd get when we first brought the gurlies home and some tiny communication barrier would be overcome.   

I still recall the day that Malt crawled underneath my dressing gown, which I'd laid over my tented knees, and went to sleep nestled against my thigh.   :Luv: :Luv:  She was the first to make that move. 

They still manage to surprise and delight us two years further on.  Am really hoping these two can be cracked and brought round.   :) :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 20:56:37 PM »
I've got a good feeling about Chanel, I keep getting curious looks from her. Tonight I dangled the da bird toy out, she put half her head out of the box while I was reading to them, I did get her out playing! But reluctant to take her webbox stick from me, but came out for it
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 17:48:04 PM »
  Well done Desley.   :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 13:18:36 PM »
Thanks Dawn, am doing a Zooplus order at lunch, so will see if they sell them. Popped in last night after giving them some supper, Coco stayed on the scratching post in full sight, admittedly growling a lot. Chanel was in the box, I managed to stroke her and got her purring again (at least she only kept hissing, there was no more swiping)
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »
I have used the Beaphar Calming Cat Treats

and of course am a big fan of rc calm!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 19:45:11 PM »
Ooh, do you have the name of the treats Lyn? Well, I ignored the hissing and swiping, and managed to get Chanel to eat some cat tuna from my hand. Slightly concerned that she is swiping a bit earlier now, like she is picking up mums bad habits
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 18:04:21 PM »
They are both very beautiful  :Luv2: I'm sure some patient love can only help, even if slowly. We have some calming treats for Sky, they contain valerian and other herbs, and she has just 2 a day. I think they might help a little but it is hard to say because she is so much more settled anyway.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »
it is, and I'm not bothered by the fact she has been reluctant since, I know it's normally one step forward, 2 back. She's swiping more, so slightly bothered by the fact mum is rubbing off on her. That patch is from where she was spayed
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 11:42:23 AM »
Well done, Desley.  Even a baby step is giant step with cats like these two.  Is that a scar on Coco' s hind leg?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
had a good moment with Chanel yesterday, I got her purring for a few minutes before she scared herself and hit me! Had nothing but hissing since. Coco was exploring more last night, so I have a full pic of her, she ended up sitting who's the chair while I was sat on it, and growled everytime I checked she was there.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 13:09:33 PM »
Well, the decision not to eartip had nothing to do with looks,we hadn't seen her by that point. It will takes while, and judging off Chanel, quite a bit of blood drawn, but I like the challenge. Sue, I'm going to see if the feliway helps where it is first. Zylkene would be tricky as Coco doesn't like wet, but I have 1kg of RC Calm biscuits left, so giving her those
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 07:45:53 AM »

Wow they look uber posh kitties Desley.  Very pretty  :Luv2: :Luv2:

The youngster looks quite unusual in a stunning way and can well understand why you didn't want to clip ears.

Very much hope you are able to bring mom and baby around but think it's gonna take a while?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 06:55:20 AM »
Beautiful pair, Desley.  If it's possible, could you put the plug-in in their room?  And Zylkene mixed in with their food?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 20:01:00 PM »
Yep, certainly a challenge Lyn! Got home to find them cuddled up together, which could be a bad thing as mum pops at you if you get too close. The feliway is on the landing at the side of the cat room door, so it must get in there. Got this, but mum flew at me
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 17:51:28 PM »
They sound like a bit of a challenge Desley!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 14:35:16 PM »
ooh they sound lovely, I hope for their sake they will let you work your magic!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 14:13:18 PM »
Look forward to seeing the pics Desley, and to hearing how you get on with them both

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Meet Coco and Chanel
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 13:45:18 PM »
3 weeks ago, we were asked to take in a ragdoll, she had been hanging round someone’s workplace. She was trapped, and taken straight to the vet for neutering etc. The vet did ask if we wanted to eartip her, as they felt she might need a farm home, but we wanted to give her a chance first. She isn’t a ragdoll, but is a seal colourpoint, we don’t think Siamese, as she is a bit too chunky for that. She wasn’t doing well in a pen situation, so we have shuffled things round to put her with an indoor fosterer, to see if she can come round. Just as we were arranging this, the person who had asked us to take mum asked us to take the kitten she had kept, as she was too wild. We decided that as mum was being moved, we’d arrange for the kitten to be neutered that day, to both go to the fosterer and be worked on together. The kitten is also a seal colourpoint, but fluffier than mum, we think about 3-4 months.

So far, they are hiding in different boxes in the room, mum (Coco), has hissed, growled and swiped when I went to put the food a bit closer to her, kitten (Chanel) was allowing fusses last night, but this morning has been hissing and swiped at me when I ignored the hissing.

Pics to follow
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat