Author Topic: FOUND 8-Year-Old Red n White Tabby SE12 London Lee Sept 2  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: FOUND 8-Year-Old Red n White Tabby SE12 London Lee Sept 2
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 20:26:52 PM »
I am so sorry that you have found your wonderful Galileo in this way, but as Liz said, at least you have closure and can bring him home forever. I really feel your grief and wish with all my heart it was a better outcome.

Play hard on The Bridge Galileo. You will be sadly missed. :Luv2:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 18:38:04 PM »
So very sorry to here this the only consolation is closure and that he can now be cremated or buried and be home forever x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 18:23:42 PM »
Oh sweetheart.  How devastating for you.  The one comfort is that you were able to find him and to bring him back home.  I am so, so sorry that you've lost him in this way.

Rest easy now, sweet Galileo.  Your loved ones didn't give up on you. 

Offline Eingang

• Kitten
Re: Lost 8-Year-Old Red n White Tabby SE12 London Lee Sept 2
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 18:02:48 PM »
Galileo has been found, but it's not good news. Our beautiful Galileo Kitty is dead. We found the remains of a large, ravaged cat in the space between the garages and the back fences across from us, in an area that's very overgrown and difficult now to get into. The damage was so severe and he was so dirty, we initially identified Galileo by the size of the body and the front paws. We took the body to the vet's to have them scan for a chip. It was Galileo.

The body wasn't in very good shape, having been behind the garages probably since Galileo went missing. The vet couldn't make any guesses either. It didn't seem likely that he had been hit by a car. The body's location was too far off the road for him to crawl to (home was definitely a lot closer) and it's a little too inconvenient for someone to "dispose" of him if they'd hit him. Foxes do live in the area, but most research and our observations support that the cats and the foxes ignore each other, and the foxes tend to be more active at night. So we have no idea. What we do know is he will be hugely missed. He was a very affectionate cat and greatly admired around the area, as well as being hugely loved by us.

I'm off to replace the "Lost" posters with a "Found" one and to take down noticed we taped to various apartment buildings.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and suggestions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 18:03:58 PM by Eingang »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:15:31 AM »
  It sounds like you're doing everything you can.  My heart goes out to you both.   :doh: :doh:   It's horrible when a much loved friend goes missing. 

Our smallest cat disappeared for a week in the summer, and we're pretty sure she got locked in when someone went on holiday, as it was exactly 7 days until she turned up again.  She's not prone to wandering.

I'm hoping you get your gorgeous Galileo back very soon, safe and sound.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 16:58:14 PM »
I can't add any more suggestions, but I am thinking of you and hope that your family and Galileo are reunited very soon.

He is a very handsome boy, I have a soft spot for NFC's having had a beautiful girl of the same colours and my present half NFC, Emo, who looks full bred and has all the vocal characteristics of the breed. Wonderful cats.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 07:27:23 AM »

Also contact local vets (put posters in surgeries) and local cat rescues

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 07:24:29 AM »

Fabulous name for a beautiful cat  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I would encourage you to go door to door to neighbours nearby and wait while they check sheds , garages and outbuildings.

Also handing leaflets to any dog walkers you see as they can keep an eye out as they walk.

I have everything crossed for your boys safe return.  I know you will be going through hell  :hug: :hug: :hug:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:25:11 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Eingang

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 00:42:19 AM »
what a lovely cat, I imagine you have done all the usual thinks like posters and door knocking, if he is locked in somewhere people could be away for a weeks so fingers crossed - you might want to take your home number off the post though - best of luck

Thanks for the response, Dawn.

It was on a Saturday, so I'm hoping it's less likely people went away for a period, but it's a possibility, I agree. We started putting up posters and delivering leaflets on Monday evening in the immediate area. He's gotten into buildings and stuff before and come home a day or two later, so we weren't immediately highly worried. We put up posters in plastic envelopes around our immediate area and on the commuter route between us and the local train station. We've since expanded our leaflet delivering to within a one-block and two-block radius of our house. I've delivered something like 350 leaflets door-to-door this week. I'll do some more tomorrow as I'm not quite done (even with 350!) everything that's known to be in the area he frequents.

We also went out checking the roads and underbrush, and local accessible garages, etc. the day he didn't come back, and then the following days. I don't think he's been hit. Or if he has, he's crawled off somewhere where nobody's happened to be. I notified the local council, reported him missing to PetLog, etc. earlier this week. I've had some nice e-mails and text messages from people in the area who know him and are also concerned after they received a leaflet. He was seen on the Saturday, but nobody can confirm seeing him after Saturday.

I hope he's OK. He's missed.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 08:14:50 AM »
what a lovely cat, I imagine you have done all the usual thinks like posters and door knocking, if he is locked in somewhere people could be away for a weeks so fingers crossed - you might want to take your home number off the post though - best of luck

Offline Eingang

• Kitten
FOUND 8-Year-Old Red n White Tabby SE12 London Lee Sept 2
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 20:18:19 PM »

Lost: Galileo
Date: Saturday, September 2, 2017

Description:
Galileo is an 8-year-old neutered Norwegian Forest Cat with medium-long fluffy fur. He's predominantly red with a white chest and paws. He's a tabby and has the tabby "M" partly visible on his face. He's a large, sturdy cat, weighing between 5-6 kilograms.

Distinguishing Marks:
His face is his most distinguishing feature. He has a white inverted `T` extending across his cheeks up to his forehead.  He also has a red triangular patch below his nose to his chin, which we call his "mustache."  You may also notice that he has a lot of hair -- hair in his ears, on his feet, etc.

Other Information:
He's chipped and neutered. He's quite well known in our local neighbourhood, where we've lived his entire life. He's allowed out while it's light and has been trained to come home when it's dark. We knew he was missing because he didn't come home when it got dark. I believe he may have wandered into a shed while someone was gardening or something as it was a very sunny, lovely Saturday, on September 2nd. He knows his name. He's very friendly and likes people.

This is the second time he's gone missing. He jumped our back fence when he was 16 weeks old and was adopted by someone nearby, but returned within a week. We hope we have a happy ending this time too!

Michelle Hoyle or Andy Gardner
galileo@eingang.org
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 18:03:14 PM by Eingang »

Link to CatChat