Lost & Found Cats > Lost Cat/s

FOUND 8-Year-Old Red n White Tabby SE12 London Lee Sept 2

(1/3) > >>

Judecat (Paula):
I am so sorry that you have found your wonderful Galileo in this way, but as Liz said, at least you have closure and can bring him home forever. I really feel your grief and wish with all my heart it was a better outcome.

Play hard on The Bridge Galileo. You will be sadly missed. :Luv2:

Liz:
So very sorry to here this the only consolation is closure and that he can now be cremated or buried and be home forever x

Sue P (Paddysmum):
Oh sweetheart.  How devastating for you.  The one comfort is that you were able to find him and to bring him back home.  I am so, so sorry that you've lost him in this way.

Rest easy now, sweet Galileo.  Your loved ones didn't give up on you. 

Eingang:
Galileo has been found, but it's not good news. Our beautiful Galileo Kitty is dead. We found the remains of a large, ravaged cat in the space between the garages and the back fences across from us, in an area that's very overgrown and difficult now to get into. The damage was so severe and he was so dirty, we initially identified Galileo by the size of the body and the front paws. We took the body to the vet's to have them scan for a chip. It was Galileo.

The body wasn't in very good shape, having been behind the garages probably since Galileo went missing. The vet couldn't make any guesses either. It didn't seem likely that he had been hit by a car. The body's location was too far off the road for him to crawl to (home was definitely a lot closer) and it's a little too inconvenient for someone to "dispose" of him if they'd hit him. Foxes do live in the area, but most research and our observations support that the cats and the foxes ignore each other, and the foxes tend to be more active at night. So we have no idea. What we do know is he will be hugely missed. He was a very affectionate cat and greatly admired around the area, as well as being hugely loved by us.

I'm off to replace the "Lost" posters with a "Found" one and to take down noticed we taped to various apartment buildings.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and suggestions.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
  It sounds like you're doing everything you can.  My heart goes out to you both.   :doh: :doh:   It's horrible when a much loved friend goes missing. 

Our smallest cat disappeared for a week in the summer, and we're pretty sure she got locked in when someone went on holiday, as it was exactly 7 days until she turned up again.  She's not prone to wandering.

I'm hoping you get your gorgeous Galileo back very soon, safe and sound.   :hug: :hug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version