Cat Rescue & Rehoming > URGENT - Cats needing help/ homes

(URGENT!)In need of a temporarily cat home for a month in Birmingham!!

(1/1)

Judecat (Paula):
Please don't feel that we are ganging up on you, apart from your initial problem, spaying/neutering makes certain cancers very unlikely,  also the vaccinations will ensure that your beloved cat is likely to live for far longer too. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sue P (Paddysmum):
When you say "foster homes are not suitable" what is it that you mean?  have you checked any out so far?

I suspect you may struggle to find someone willing to take on an unneutered and unvaccinated cat.

It might be helpful to put together a checklist of her likes and dislikes, her history and any issues to be considered.

I think it would be better for her to be neutered and vaccinated before you go away especially if you're going to be away for up to a month, and out of the country.

Is she insured and microchipped?  Is she registered with a veterinary practice?   Have you thought about how you would vet any potential fosterer? 

How old is she?  If she fell ill while you were away, what arrangements would you have in place for her care?  If she got out and disappeared, what contingency plan would you have in place for recovery?

These are all things you need to think about before handing your cat over to a stranger to take care of. 

If it's possible, I think having someone care for her in your own home might be the best thing.  Do you have a friend or relative who may be persuaded to do this, if they aren't keen on having them at their own home?

Dawn F:
could you not get her neutered and vaccinated and use a cattery

Judecat (Paula):
Sorry I can't help, I already have three 'Lodgers'. Have you tried Cat Chat as well? Just a thought.

Also, when I needed to find a good reliable pet sitter, I asked in my local pet shop and have found a very good one who charges me £9 per visit, but her usual charge is £5. For that she looks after five cats, three snakes, 3 tanks of fish and one pond and waters my plants and greenhouse. She provided references etc.

Gabbypun1003:
Hello, I am urgently looking for a temporarily cat home for my cat from 22/8~29/9.
I will not be in the UK during these times and all my friends aren't able to take care of her during these days.
She has not had any injections yet and not neutered and foster homes are not suitable.
I am hoping someone from Birmingham could pick her up from my house and give her a temporary home.
Cat food and litter will be given. Please!!! Thank you:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version