Author Topic: Another milestone for Kito!  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Another milestone for Kito!
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 19:26:48 PM »
Well he brought up another one on Friday. 

Yes, give it time  Mary.  It took Kito more than 2 years!

think cat grass is the way to go.  They are both shedding so much at the moment.  I think the warm weather has finally filtered through to my flat temperature and they are moulting for England.  Every time I take a brush or comb to Mosi huge chunks come out yet he's still a very fluffy boy!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 15:14:38 PM »
Give it time Mary, give it time. :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 19:05:24 PM »
DON'T WHISKERS DO AN ANTI FURBALL TREAT?  ALSO, HOW ABOUT SOME GRASS ESPECIALLY IN THE MOLTING SEASONS?

I TRIED STANLEY WITH SOME INDOOR GRASS THE OTHER MONTH AND HE ONLY HAD ONE TINY BITE AND I HAD TO THROW IT AWAY.  NOT HAD ANY FUR BALLS AS YET.

YOUR BABY IS REALLY GROWING UP SUSANNE :hug:

MARY
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 09:11:30 AM »
Kito is 2 and a half and this is the first he's brought up.  Mosi brings them up now and again but he is long haired.  He brings up fewer since I switched him to a raw diet.  I think it's a combination of hair length, moulting and in some instances it can indicate a problem digesting food (a cat should be able to cope with feathers/fur on their prey).

Poor Kito did the usual backing away from himself when he started reaching.  I always find that quite funny!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 21:37:40 PM »

Only had one furball from 2 Hoolies in the 3 and a bit years I've had them.  Strange

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
Congratulations indeed - better out than in!   :-: :-:

Paddy used to bring up quite a few hairballs, yet his coat was always immaculate, and only semi-long haired. 

At least we can groom Moray again now he's had his coat reduced, and he loves the blue rubber True pet mitt we got (after initially reacting with shock and hissing).  He dribbles and purrs like crazy when we produce that now and start grooming him with it.   :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 21:31:00 PM »
Congratulations Kito!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 19:35:20 PM »
I'm sure he feels better now.  It was pure furball so not too bad to clean up but I'm glad it wasn't at the bottom of the bed or somewhere designed to catch me out  :sick:

He's fully initiated into the big boys club now!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 15:23:23 PM »
I am sure that Kito feels much better for it. I brush Emo regularly and get butter all out of her. Then she deposits furballs (huge black sausages) at the bottom of the bed for me to step in when I stumble to the loo in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. :sick: :rofl: Why always at the bottom of the bed? And on a hard to clean Berber carpet? Ruddy cats! :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Another milestone for Kito!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 15:14:41 PM »
He's brought up his first furball  :sick:  :rofl:

He's been sick before but just now he started retching and he's brought up a whopper of a furball!  They are both moulting for England at the moment and showing no signs of slowing down, but because Kito is short haired I forget about brushing him and concentrate on Mosi.  When Kito was sat on my knee earlier I was left with enough fur to make a rug so I realised he has a lot of loose fur and needs bruishing more.  He looks a bit puzzled and I don't blame him  given the size of the thing.  It's pure fur.  Poor love with that inside him.  I hope he feels better now.  Glad he did it before I gave him his tea and not afterwards!

Link to CatChat