Cat Rescue & Rehoming > Rescue & Rehoming General

Meet Lola

(1/3) > >>

Desley (booktigger):
Hmm, this evening she nipped my head a few mins after sitting on my knee. She tried to come up immediately after, but has ignored me for the last half an hour

Sue P (Paddysmum):
I wonder if she suffers from hyperesthesia?  I saw one of Jackson Galaxy's programmes once with a cat that had it, although I recall that case being much more extreme.

Desley (booktigger):
No, and when she does nip, she just carries on like nothing happened, the only sign is her fluffy tail. Spoke to the woman who runs the rescue last night, in the pen, she was instantly scratching and biting when you walked in, she has never scratched here, which again leads to an attention issue. Last night I got hissed at when I put her down to leave the room. She is very much a lap cat, even when she bites and you put her down, she wants to be back on your knee. I wouldn’t home her with children though, and preferably someone around a lot who is happy to sit for hours with a lap cat.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
It is odd.  I agree, over-stimulation would be the better of the two options.

It doesn't sound like she's being deliberately nasty, as she's clearly wanting attention and affection, bless her.  The treat and reward thing is a good idea.

Desley (booktigger):
Sue, she’s a funny thing, she demands attention and her favourite position is sleeping in the crook of my arm, the only thing I’m not keen on is rubbing against my chin, in case she nips. If you ignore her when she sits on your knee, she just headbuts until you stroke her. The other thing that makes her snap is being put down when you leave, I’m going to try picking her up, then putting her down and giving her a treat, to try and build up a positive thing about being picked up. Overstimulation would be preferable to it just being her personality though, I can try and work a bit of that out of her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version