Author Topic: Meet Lola  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Meet Lola
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 19:50:18 PM »
Hmm, this evening she nipped my head a few mins after sitting on my knee. She tried to come up immediately after, but has ignored me for the last half an hour
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 15:47:07 PM »
I wonder if she suffers from hyperesthesia?  I saw one of Jackson Galaxy's programmes once with a cat that had it, although I recall that case being much more extreme.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 13:22:05 PM »
No, and when she does nip, she just carries on like nothing happened, the only sign is her fluffy tail. Spoke to the woman who runs the rescue last night, in the pen, she was instantly scratching and biting when you walked in, she has never scratched here, which again leads to an attention issue. Last night I got hissed at when I put her down to leave the room. She is very much a lap cat, even when she bites and you put her down, she wants to be back on your knee. I wouldn’t home her with children though, and preferably someone around a lot who is happy to sit for hours with a lap cat.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 07:29:47 AM »
It is odd.  I agree, over-stimulation would be the better of the two options.

It doesn't sound like she's being deliberately nasty, as she's clearly wanting attention and affection, bless her.  The treat and reward thing is a good idea.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 13:47:45 PM »
Sue, she’s a funny thing, she demands attention and her favourite position is sleeping in the crook of my arm, the only thing I’m not keen on is rubbing against my chin, in case she nips. If you ignore her when she sits on your knee, she just headbuts until you stroke her. The other thing that makes her snap is being put down when you leave, I’m going to try picking her up, then putting her down and giving her a treat, to try and build up a positive thing about being picked up. Overstimulation would be preferable to it just being her personality though, I can try and work a bit of that out of her.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 06:52:36 AM »
Desley, will she sit on your lap if you don't pet her?  If so, does she still nip, or is it just when she's being stroked?  It does sound like over-stimulation, doesn't it.

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 21:46:45 PM »
what a beautiful girl, hope she settles with you soon

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 20:01:58 PM »
Hmm, not a good night. First time I went in I got nipped, so put her down and ignored her. As soon as I let her back on my knee, she nipped again, so I left the room for 20 mins. When I went back in, she was lovely,
and then while headbutting me, bit my head! Each time there is no warning, no sign of aggression and she acts normal after. I'm suspecting overstimulation, so will just go in for a few mins at a time and build it up
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 18:54:32 PM »
She is a dainty little thing, I've had one nip this evening, so she was put down and ignored for 5 mins and was told next time I'll walk out and leave her. I'm trying to ignore the fact I know she has a habit of nipping to try and work out if there are any triggers. She's what I call starved of affection, so constantly demanding it. She's a very purry girl and likes kisses.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 18:21:32 PM »
She looks very dainty doesn't she - belying her feisty nature.   :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 16:45:56 PM »
While we are waiting for Desley to get pics together .............

Desley's new foster Lola  :Luv: :Luv:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 16:47:15 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 15:44:07 PM »
Aaaww, she is a pretty little thing too. :Luv: :need pics:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Meet Lola
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 13:57:23 PM »
Meet new foster cat Lola, who hasn’t had a great start, so is a bit confused about the whole stroking thing, so we are hoping some one-on-one in a home environment, and some gentle teaching will improve her behaviour so she can be homed. She enjoys a fuss, which is good, but you can be stroking her one minute and the next you’ll get a nip. I think they are more love nips than aggression though, partly because of how little they hurt, and partly because her body language doesn’t indicate aggression, and she will nip your left hand and then headbut your right one!! Her tail seems constantly fluffed though. She isn’t good at being left though, when you go to move her to leave, she will hiss, and I’m obviously wary at the moment in case she takes that any further. She’s a tiny little thing though, so hopefully won’t do as much damage as Lucy.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat