Author Topic: Night time annoyances  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Night time annoyances
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 17:18:15 PM »
Sky is only 2.5 kg. Even so, hubby complains when she jumps onto his face from the top of the headboard during the night  :evillaugh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 23:46:07 PM »
6.5 is quite enough for me, at least my Main Coone was well mannered enough to just jump on the bed. ;) and not to try licking my eyelids open, thanks Bob. :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 21:58:54 PM »
Only a 6.5 kilo cat, try finding a 8.5 kilo bouncing bundle  :rofl: :rofl:   

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 18:26:10 PM »
Sorry, a bit off topic, but my 6.5 kilo lump jumps on my belly or chest when he decides it's brekfus time. If that doesn't work he claws his way round the bottom of the divan, usually hissing works. Me at him, not the other way round. ;) Maybe hissing at Trixie would work?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 16:56:22 PM »
Mine are quite active early at the moment, I guess because it is light early so they think we ought to be up! Sky tends to jump on us from the bed headboard - thank heaven's Alf doesn't do that, he's far too big!

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 13:27:50 PM »
She either comes and licks me neck or walks around in circles chirping before leaving the room. I've followed her to see if she wants something, like taking me to the food bowl or something, but she just looks at me like 'why are you out of bed?' which is pretty infuriating. If I remember correctly she did this last year  too so maybe it's a weather thing. Either way I'm getting a plug in, just hope it works

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 08:52:43 AM »
It's worth a try using a plug in.  I suspect she's anxious and is looking for reassurance.  She may actually want you to get up, perhaps to feed or fuss her.  Cats often like things on their terms, and jumping on the bed may not be enough for her.

If you do get up to her (when she's not been squirted first) what does she do?

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 08:42:42 AM »
We moved a scratch pad in front of the wardrobe which she kind of took too but now she just pushes it out the way. I love that she wants my attention and am happy to give her a cuddle, just don't understand why she can't just jump into the bed like Frankie does. With everything that's happened with Frankie I'm starting to worry that she's trying to tell us something and I'm missing the message. Wonder if one of those plug in things in the bedroom would help calm her down a bit :/

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 08:20:51 AM »
I used a water pistol to train my cats not to go on the kitchen worktops and the dining room table so I don't think that is awful, it doesn't hurt her, but as to the other, other than toys to amuse herself with, or, I do have a mat with a water bowl and a dish of complete food on it in the bedroom, I can't think of anything. I would say a scratch pad, but you still get the noise.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:14:44 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  One of our Bridge babies used to jiggle the curtains to get our attention.  He'd glance at the bed, and see if he was getting any reaction, and if he didn't he'd jiggle them harder.   :-:

On a more serious note, you could try putting a scratching pad on the wardrobe door, or on the floor in front of it, but I suspect it's behaviour designed to get your attention and to get you to wake up. 

I know it can be hard, but personally I'd respond, and make a fuss of her.  But I don't have the ability to resist the force of a cat in full flow, so maybe I'm not the best person to advise.  :evillaugh: ;) 

If it's any consolation, my day starts at 5 a.m. and I frequently arrive at work  :tired:  :hug: :hug: 

My philosophy goes that I'd love to still have Tinks jiggling the curtains, and I miss his direct interventions hugely.   :(

Barley however often likes to leap on the bed in the middle of the night and stomp about until she gets a reaction (which she does instantly  :evillaugh:).  Alternatively she'll bring us mice or birds, and her favourite trick is to let them go in the bedroom.  That tends to get our attention.   ;)

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
Night time annoyances
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 08:03:35 AM »
Since it started getting lighter in the mornings my younger cat has taken to scratching at our wardrobe door -_- She's not clawing it but she is proper going at it to make a noise that will wake us up. I'm not proud to admit it but I've even tried a squirty water bottle but she runs off, waits for us to doze off then starts again. I've tried not reacting (over two weeks and she still did it!) I've tried locking her out of the bedroom but she made an even bigger racket, doing the same thing on the bedroom door, crying and pulling at the carpet.

Am I missing something? Could she being doing this for a reason other than to wake us up? If anyone has any suggestions on getting her to stop please tell me - the dark circles under my eyes have their own dark circles I'm so tired  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat