Author Topic: startle poops  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Re: startle poops
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 17:09:58 PM »
Let us know what the vet says :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 13:01:13 PM »
I posted on your other thread (or was I seeing double!)  :evillaugh:

You mention his habit of eating stuff he shouldn't.  It's known as Pica, and is known to exacerbate constipation and digestive issues.  Some cats who have the condition very badly can ingest all manner of lethal materials, so I'd definitely mention it to the vet.  Poor little scrap!

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
  • Slave to: Lux, Gizmo & Loki
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:40:48 AM »
aha yes I do, hes defiantly the problem child, now the youngest is becoming a lot like him lol but I do love them  :Luv:

no hes a short haired cat, but hes constantly having problems with his bowels or stomach, plus hes constantly eating stuff hes not supposed to like bits of fluff, string and he sometimes seems to find plastic cable ties to munch on  :doh:  hes got a vet appointment coming up for his vaccinations so ill probably mention it to them then, its just every so often i'll find a small nugget somewhere in the hall way on my clean cream carpets lol  :evillaugh:
White & Black - Lux (♂13/5/16)
Ginger & White - Gizmo (♂28/4/17)
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge
🌈 Calcifer  (14/3/2015) - (11/11/2017)
www.instagram.com/cats_of_the_clan/

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 11:34:30 AM »
You know what they say about middle children :D

Has he got long fur? It might have got a bit stuck when he went the loo last. We have to regularly trim Frankenstein's butt fur as he was leaving little packages in various stages around the house. Funny enough, my other cat has longer fur and never has the same issue. Difference between boys and girls perhaps

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 21:10:42 PM »
Maybe he is constipated? Or just has little balls of poo stuck to the hair round his bum and they fall off once he has been sitting down? apart from that not really sure?  :naughty:

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
  • Slave to: Lux, Gizmo & Loki
startle poops
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 16:31:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here (sorry), my middle child (cat) lol has recently been doing what I call startle poops where he gets up to run away or do something and there is a little nugget of poop where hes being sitting, I dont know weather this is a health issue or just something unusual, can anyone give me some advice?

gross subject I know  :Crazy:
White & Black - Lux (♂13/5/16)
Ginger & White - Gizmo (♂28/4/17)
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge
🌈 Calcifer  (14/3/2015) - (11/11/2017)
www.instagram.com/cats_of_the_clan/

Link to CatChat