Author Topic: Viktor Larkhill - anyone heard of him?  (Read 16048 times)

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Viktor Larkhill - anyone heard of him?
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 16:35:36 PM »
I have come across some of this man's vids on youtube. At first I thought people were being really nasty in their comments, then I realised that the same stories seem to be repeated . . .

Like many here, I hate to think of animals genuinely in need - but I will continue donating to causes where I am convinced that my money goes where it is needed  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »
Sorry, I forgot about this. I think he sounds a bit suspect. I think Ivan Jimenez is his real name. Dawn, they are based in Spain I think. My aunt in Australia keeps posting things on Facebook -emergency appeals for expensive surgery etc. I (like most) don't have the money to help every cause and so I  will stick to ones I am 100% comfortable with.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 17:32:35 PM »
Good detective work, Cloveart.   :)

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzie and Tiggie
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 17:15:34 PM »
Apparently he has used a number of aliases: Viktor Larkhill, aka Ivan Jimenez, aka Matt Murdock, aka Victor Chacon.

This is also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lets-Adopt-Global-Fraud-266708066789071/

The Toronto Pet Daily are not fans of his: http://www.torontopetdaily.com/2012/11/lets-adopt-global-viktor-larkhill.html
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 12:30:45 PM »
Just did a little digging Mark and found this.  Of course he might be legit, but it all looks rather dodgy.

https://viktorlarkhillscam.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/viktor-larkhill-its-not-about-saving-animals-its-about-image-and-branding/

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
its a minefield isn't it, I tend to only give to rescues that I really know now, I've still not forgotten the upsetting events when ccmacey had one of her cats taken in by a so called rescue- maybe see if you can speak to someone on the phone, you might get a better feeling about it

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Viktor Larkhill - anyone heard of him?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »
One of my aunts has been sharing things on Facebook, asking for urgent donations for surgery for cats etc (the latest one being a cat with a brain tumour) I said that I would make a small donation, but had a PM from a cousin, saying she had Googled the name, which apparently isn't his real name, which is Ivan Jimenez. There are accusations of him keeping animals in rescue for months, when they have adopters, just to raise funds etc. I really don't know what to think.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat