Author Topic: FIV cat looking for home  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: FIV cat looking for home
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 15:35:59 PM »
THANKS HAVE DONE THAT AND HE LOOKS GORGEOUS  ;D ;D

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 14:45:11 PM »
Thanks both. It never gets any easier when they leave us does it?

Gill - if you click on the link there are some photos on the PUP Facebook page, and hopefully they'll add some more recent ones soon. He's called Dave  :Luv:

It would be lovely if he can find a new home soon!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:25:07 AM »
Schmew, am so sorry to hear you lost Buffy and Frankie.   :hug: :hug: 

The FIV stray (Dave?) looks adorable.  He sounds like he has an amazing character, very loving.  I do hope this little guy gets the to notch home he deserves. 

Don't feel guilty about not being able to snap him up.  The stark fact is, as all of us know,  responsible pet ownership comes with associated costs, and they have to be managed.   :hug:  I hope that 2017 will be a kinder year not just for "Dave" but for you too.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 00:07:37 AM »
VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT BUFFY AND FRANKIE RIP BOTH  :hug: :hug:

IT MAY HELP TO PUT UP A PICTURE OF THE STRAY CAT, WHAT IS HIS NAME?

HOPE HE GETS A GREAT HOME COS HE SOUNDS DREAMIE  ;D ;D

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
FIV cat looking for home
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
Hi,
It's been a while since I've been on here!

One of our local rescues has a beautiful FIV cat looking for a home. He's a tabby, approx age 6. Picked up as a stray, a bit snotty and underweight but responding well to treatment and being spoiled rotten in his foster home. He's putting on weight, his coat is in great condition and he is absolutely lovely - very loving, just wants to chat to you and give you head butts round your face, he puts his paws round your neck if you pick him up - he's a dream  :Luv: He's not bothered by the fosterer's dogs and although he's not mixed with her cats, he's not bothered about their presence. He's been a perfectly clean house guest. He'll be neutered before rehoming.

The rescue is Prevent Unwanted Pets Wigan and there are some photos on their Facebook page with some newer ones to follow that I sent them after meeting him the other day https://www.facebook.com/preventunwantedpetswiganbranch/posts/1339366959449040

They are happy to travel for the right home. It would be lovely if we can find him a new home!

(For anyone who remembers me, hello :) I lost my little FIV Buffy aged 14 last March and we took on a Romanian FIV rescue called Frankie who sadly we lost at the weekend. I've a £600 credit card bill to pay off before I can consider another and Frankie also had ringworm so at the minute I think my house is infected and need to take some vet advice and do some mega cleaning before any more cats come in, it's not fair to put an at risk til I'm confident we're clear, hence why I haven't snapped this lad up!)

Link to CatChat