Author Topic: Think bellas just had an absence seizure  (Read 36198 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Think bellas just had an absence seizure
« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2018, 16:14:06 PM »
I'm glad she is turning a corner - no wonder you are proud of her, she sounds lovely

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
She's a brave and courageous young lady.  Bella will be very proud of her, knowing her love and her trust were not misplaced. :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2018, 10:50:40 AM »
I'm am so proud of dd, she's made a Bella out of hama beads this morning, I think shes reached a turning point today. She's barely eaten since Wednesday (she says she's to sad to eat) but this morning she's eaten breakfast and seems a bit more cheerful.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2018, 12:37:35 PM »
I'm glad it was peaceful for Bella and the vet confirmed you did it before she started to suffer. Poor DD, she has been so brave about it, you must be so proud of her
Please spay your cat

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
 We're all abit calmer this morning, tears keep coming every now and again but I know in the end we made the right decision for Bella and she had to come first.
In a few weeks when we all feel stronger, we're going to buy a plant for the garden and a statue to sit with barney's. Jess and Harris don't like dreamies, so we're going to go to the shop buy some more and donate them and bellas stash to the rescue she came from in her memory, dd thinks Bella would like that.
I just want to say a huge big thank you to everyone that has been there for us over the last year, it has been an unbelievable rollercoaster and your support, thoughts and kind words have been appreciated more than I can ever say xxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »
its a well worn phrase but very true  - grief is the price we pay for love - one day your lovely daughter will understand like we all do that these moments are far outweighed by the good times we have  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2018, 22:02:48 PM »
Oh Honey, I wish I could do something to take at least some of your Families pain away, but sadly I can't, but please know that I am thinking of you All. :care: :care: :care: :care: :blow kiss:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2018, 21:52:24 PM »
in the end dh stayed with bella, dd needed me more, so we said goodbye to her in the vets gave her a cuddle and went to sit outside. Dh said they had to give her two sedative injections as she was being feisty but he stroked her and talked to her till the end and said he was surprised how peaceful it was. The vet said to him we had made the right choice as due to the amount of fluid she had, she would have really started to suffer and would have not had much longer left
DD is beyond devastated, when we came back she said to harris and jess "bella has gone now so i promise to look after you if you look after me" that broke me, i laid with dd as she cried herself to sleep. Im completely broken

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2018, 20:32:05 PM »
Love to you all.  Run free little Bella xxx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2018, 19:35:20 PM »
Sweetie, I am crying for you all, you and Bella all fought so hard for her, but she is now at peace and no longer struggling. :hug: :hug: :hug: Thinking of you all.

R.I.P Bella. Play hard on The Bridge Little One. :Luv:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2018, 18:49:14 PM »
Thinking of you all :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2018, 18:11:56 PM »
I hope it was a peaceful passing for all x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2018, 17:14:46 PM »
She's gone xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #269 on: April 05, 2018, 14:30:56 PM »
your daughter sounds wonderful, I'm sure she will never forget bella  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #268 on: April 05, 2018, 13:57:08 PM »
Try to stay focused on the fact that you're giving Bella a final kindness.  It's not a betrayal, it's an act of love from all of you to her.  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2018, 13:40:51 PM »
Thinking of you today, as Sue says, we are never ready, but you are letting her go with dignity. Your last post brought tears to my eyes
Please spay your cat

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2018, 13:18:52 PM »
Have told dd, she knew as soon as I opened my mouth. She's spent some time sat with Bella talking and cuddling her, and she's allowed to give her as many dreamies as she wants. She's asked me to stay with Bella for the injection as dh is scared of needles, she's currently sat on the sofa with Bella curled up next to her, she keeps giving her a stroke and crying 

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2018, 09:18:15 AM »
Thanks everyone, have managed to get Bella curled up on the kitchen table on a blanket, enjoying the sun coming through the window. I'm glad there's some sun and she can enjoy a last sunbathe xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #264 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:15 AM »
No.  We're never "ready" no matter how much we try to prepare.  I hope that you can all be strong for each other, and to give Bella the very best farewell that she can have. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #263 on: April 05, 2018, 08:13:40 AM »
my thoughts will be with you all, I've been worrying about you with purrs being down and not being able to get support  :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #262 on: April 05, 2018, 07:30:43 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to get through today, dh at work so I've got the job of telling dd that today is the day. Appointment is booked for 430, I know in my head it's the right decision, her breathing is becoming worse and she's not even bothering to sunbathe anymore, but my heart isn't and never will be ready.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #261 on: April 05, 2018, 07:10:39 AM »

Sweetheart.    You're very much in my thoughts  :hug: :hug: 

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2018, 08:09:39 AM »
Well Bella has made it to daughters birthday, I swear she knows it's her birthday and has fought to get here. Dh is going to contact the vets tomorrow and arrange an appointment for Thursday unless she deteriorates before then. She's fought so hard but it's time for us to say we love you to much to see you suffer

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2018, 12:43:19 PM »
Adding my thoughts to the others.  Bella has done so well, you and your daughter have done so well, and you all love each other so much, which is the most beautiful thing in the world.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2018, 10:20:00 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear it is nearly time - you couldn't have been more loved that is for sure  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2018, 10:07:45 AM »
I'm sorry that the vet thinks it is nearly her time. I understand about taking her to the vet, it is why I don't have house calls, I don't want to look at a part of my house and remember that is where x was pts
Please spay your cat

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2018, 10:04:14 AM »
While at the vets last night with jess had a talk about bella. He agreed the time is fast approaching, but as she's not suffering at the moment he's happy for us to keep going until after daughters birthday on Monday.  We had a discussion about home vs the practice and decided we'll take her to the practice.  This is mainly for daughters benefit, because I don't want the house to be the place where she remembers Bella dying if that makes sense.  For the next week Bella is going to be spoilt rotten, chicken, tuna, salmon,  dreamies whatever she wants and then we'll say goodbye :(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2018, 06:47:00 AM »
I wish my vet had somewhere like that. The people themselves are very good though.

I also really hope that Bella lasts a few weeks more so your Daughter's Birthday isn't tainted. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2018, 18:23:23 PM »
A home visit may be the way forward no stress for any of you as its at home and it means Bella will pass in her home,  vet can then take her away for cremation - that's what we do if we go that route and get them all back home - we have a full set of Clan cats and dogs on the shelves in our bedroom

We are lucky that our vets have a lovely quiet room with couches and the like so its like your sitting room at home and its very peaceful x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2018, 14:46:03 PM »
have you considered having the vet come to you when the time comes? it would save you and Bella that final last horrible trip, and allow you to arrange things as you would wish
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2018, 13:29:03 PM »
  Mine too.  I hope that Bella makes it to your daughter's birthday, but more importantly, that her quality of life is good until then.  Personally, I think it's lovely that your daughter wants to attend, and understand she may not feel up to actually spending those last moments with Bella.  It's always a difficult one to call, for any of us.  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
My heart goes out to you all. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:06 AM »
Just thought I'd do a quick update, Bella is okay, she can no longer get on the worktops, but can manage the table, if I leave a chair out so she can take it in stages, she loves sitting on there so she can see out the window.
 She's not eating as well but will happily eat chicken, dreamies, fish,cheese not sure how much she's just decided that if she doesn't eat her food we'll give her good stuff and how much she really is of her food.
Had another hard talk with daughter,  she's said if possible (depending on bellas condition) when the time comes she wants to come to the vets to say goodbye, but not be in the room when it happens. I want her to be as involved as possible as Bella really is her cat.
Me and dh have decided no more vets trip for Bella until its time, it's now stressing her out too much and it's taking her days to recover, we've not given up just want to do the right thing for Bella. It's under 2 weeks till daughters birthday we're hoping she will make it, her quality of life is sliding but we're not quite there yet

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2018, 09:37:53 AM »
Spoke to the vets there happy for us to keep going for the time being, so fingers crossed she gets to daughters birthday xx

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2018, 06:40:58 AM »

That's a good link Frances.   :thanks:  Wish I'd seen it a while ago.  I may well have said goodbye to Boris sooner  :(

Whatever decision you take should of course be for Bella.  She is the one living with her condition altho I am only too aware of the impact this has on those who love her  :hug: :hug:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2018, 22:31:18 PM »
You might want to have a look at this: http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-health-care-euthanasia-decision-quality-of-life-scale

I’ve never used the quality of life scale (I found this site when I was looking for something else – easily distracted :doh:) but you may find it helpful to assess how Bella is doing both now and subsequently over time and make it more straightforward to identify when, for her, enough is enough.

:hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2018, 21:49:54 PM »
We ended up back at the vets again, we're to keep her on fruisamide 8 hourly from now on. She's happy ish  but is getting worn out so easily, she  has to lay down after walking upstairs, can't always jump on the worktop, that sort of thing. I know that decision is approaching, it's three weeks till daughters birthday I don't know if it's cruel to Bella to try and get her past that. She's not in pain, still eating and still managing to get on the sofa and rest. If she deteriorates again, we've decided that is the point where we say enough but I don't want her to suffer, I hate having this decision,  how do I know when,  it's breaking my heart

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2018, 12:24:22 PM »
An understandable reaction, but am so glad she's fine.  As Paula says, you're on a real rollercoaster right now.   :hug: :hug: 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2018, 08:40:16 AM »
That is good news. You are on a roller coaster Honey. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2018, 07:40:41 AM »
I sent dh to check, she's absolutely fine, brighter than yesterday and has managed to get onto the back of the sofa to sleep, she couldn't manage yesterday

Link to CatChat