Author Topic: Shouting after food  (Read 3472 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Shouting after food
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 18:59:16 PM »
Thanks Sue. I thought the shouting would have stopped by now. Her last test was about three weeks ago and they were happy with her levels so kept her on the dose she was on.

She's 16 and - I think - in good nick for her age.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 17:34:11 PM »
Jezebel, it's a well known side effect of hyperthyroidism.    It will decrease, but may take some time. 

How old is Bass now?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 17:06:20 PM »
WHEN DID SHE HAVE A BLOOD TEST?

ALL I KNOW IS THAT MISA SHOUTED AND SHOUTED, IT COULD BE HER T4 LEVELS HAD GONE UP?

SORRY TO HEAR THAT SHE HAS HYPER T  :hug: :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Shouting after food
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 15:35:54 PM »
Bass has been shouting a lot after she eats, it's very weird. Regardess of how much or little she eats, she'll go and sit at the bottom of the stairs and just shout for ages. This has been going on for a while now.

I'm baffled by it  - does it mean anything? It's very loud and hard to ignore - the first few times I thought she was dying but she doesn't seem distressed or anything.

She was recently diagnosed as hyperthyroid and is on medication which, according to her test results a few weeks ago, has stabilised her. Before that, she was howling a lot and that's more or less stopped.

You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Link to CatChat