Author Topic: favourite sleeping places  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Re: favourite sleeping places
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 18:05:36 PM »
And then of course you can give her more attention   :hug: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 17:55:22 PM »
 SHE THOUGHT SHE WOULD SAVE YOU A JOB AND IRON ALL THE CREASES IN FOR YOU  :naughty: :naughty:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 16:26:41 PM »
Cat fur always adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the clean washing, doesn't it? :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 15:53:53 PM »
I put somes shirts down on the hob ready to iron this morning, and...
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 11:48:45 AM »
What a shame :(, he hasn't done it for a while, but Pi always used to lay down to eat, just not splayed like that. Sheila suspected brain damage in his case too. I just think he's dim or lazy.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 00:55:34 AM »
OH DEAR THATS NOT GOOD AND HE SHOULDNT BE SHOWN AS BEING FUNNY  :'( :'( :'( :'(

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 23:36:41 PM »
I LIKED THEM ALL, COS JUST SO STUPID THE THINGS THEY DID.LIKE SITTING ON THE PIZZA LOOKING AT THE PIECE THAT WAS CUT AND THAT BLACK CAT LYING ALL SPREAD OUT ON ITS TUMMY TO EAT.

OH YES THAT CAT  EATING OUT OF THE CONTAINER OF BISUITS IGNORING THE BOWL AT THE BOTTOM WHERE THEY CAME OUT......CATS!   :rofl: :rofl:
According to the comments on FB, the black cat lying spread out on its tummy has got something wrong with it's brain  :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 23:28:39 PM »
 I LIKED THEM ALL, COS JUST SO STUPID THE THINGS THEY DID.LIKE SITTING ON THE PIZZA LOOKING AT THE PIECE THAT WAS CUT AND THAT BLACK CAT LYING ALL SPREAD OUT ON ITS TUMMY TO EAT.

OH YES THAT CAT  EATING OUT OF THE CONTAINER OF BISUITS IGNORING THE BOWL AT THE BOTTOM WHERE THEY CAME OUT......CATS!   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 21:36:04 PM »
The ginger cat with the catflap was my fave!  :rofl:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 20:48:48 PM »
Pirate does that thing with the cat flap when the door is open, he and Pip are taking it in turns with the igloo bed, I guess they are starting to think it is warmer, the stupid thing is that it is really kitten sized and now they are both big kittens at over three and a half kilos they have to squidge themselves in. Pi is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it doesn't excuse the daft things the rest do.

That was brilliant.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 13:31:40 PM »
 OMG THEY WERE SO FUNNY, HAVE TEARS ROLLING DOWN MY FACE  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NEED TO PUT THAT LINK ON MARTYS THREAD  ;D ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »
:rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:08 AM »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 15:34:35 PM »
The rule of thumb here is anywhere except beds that have been bought for them  :evillaugh:
Sooo true  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 13:48:17 PM »
always was the way for us mark except now we have willow, she sleeps in a cat bed all night, weirdo!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 13:28:29 PM »
The rule of thumb here is anywhere except beds that have been bought for them  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 12:20:50 PM »
where she thinks she can see, without being seen, but I know her little tricks.

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Shame about Tiggie's chair.

We had to move our computer chair at home when the Christmas tree went up, so it was perched near the radiator.  malt loves it there, so it's never been moved back again.  Instead, we now use a hard wooden chair for pooterin purposes, and blow me, if I didn't find the little Minx curled up on that the other day when I needed to go on and check my messages.   :evillaugh:[/size]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:21:30 PM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzie and Tiggie
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »
Kizzie sleeps on the radiator in front of the window, sometimes behind the curtain. Tiggie likewise, but preferably in full sun. Then Kizzie likes sitting under a table, which has a table cloth, where she thinks she can see, without being seen, but I know her little tricks. Tiggie likes sitting in the quiet room with a resident who often sits in there in the afternoon watching TV. He does not make a fuss of the cat, but she just likes being with him anyway. Kizzie's favourite place is in the wire in-tray in the office. We put a blanket over the papers to protect them and for a bit of comfort, but she would sit in it anyway. She likes the sides of the basket keeping her in position. In the good weather, she will lay outside, beneath the office window, where she can jump in and out. It takes some skill, but she manages it somehow. Tiggie also likes sleeping behind settees, between the back and the wall radiator, where she is warm and can hide. She rarely stays in the office. The managers used to have a spare chair with a cushion in their office, and Tiggie loved it, but they got rid of the chair to create space, and I do not have room for another chair in my office.   
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:35:23 AM by Cloveart »
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 14:16:39 PM »
MISA SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR DOWNSTAIRS  :(  HE CANT GET UP STAIRS ANY MORE.

NONE OF MINE WILL USE CAT BEDS.

THE OTHER 3 SLEEP OFF AND ON IN BEDROOM, BATHROOM, LANDING, MISA USED TO SLEEP IN HALF A CARRIER ON LANDING.

I HAVE BEEN WAKING UP TO FIND LUPIN STRETCHED OUT AGAINST ME ON THE BED RECENTLY BUT THINK THATS WHEN ITS REALLY COLD BUT HE WILL SLEEP ON THEIR DIRING THE DAY.

SASA HAS JUST STARTED SLEEPING ON THE SOFA ON MY CUSHION SO IN SAME ROOM AS MISA.

TBH THEY ALL MOVE AROUND AS THE WILL TAKES THEM.

SASA HAS FOR MONTHS NOW BEEN WAITING IN MY BED FOR CUDDLES BUT THIS HAS SUDDENLY STOPPED.........COULD IT BE THE CHICKEN IN THE FRONT ROOM THAT IS ATTRACTING HER  :shify: :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 12:16:43 PM »
Considering what the Gurlies were like a year ago Sue, possibly the best pressie you got ;D

I certainly would agree.   :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
Considering what the Gurlies were like a year ago Sue, possibly the best pressie you got ;D

Mine sleep on the bed in shifts, sometimes Emo, Bob, Pippa and Pirate all at the same time, they get more than half the bed until one or more decide that they are too hot and move :evillaugh:, occasionally we get the whole bed to ourselves :naughty:. Merlin likes Troubles do-nut bed, Pirate sometimes the igloo bed, top of the stairs is a favourite with all in Winter cos of the hot water pipes underneath. Pippa and Merlin like under the curtains in the dining room and occasionally the sofa, they don't really sleep downstairs much.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:43:11 AM by Judecat (Paula) »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 06:50:37 AM »
Clever Butter.   :evillaugh:  Neat tree moves.   ;)

Yes, ours do this a lot too - they'll have favourite spots, and they get swapped and competed for at various intervals - both cat trees in the living room, small cat tree in the back bedroom, on the bed in the spare room, on our bed, on the chair in our bedroom, on the dining table on the Scruff beds and on the coffee table next to the radiator.  A favourite of Moray's for bottom warming on chilly winter days.   :evillaugh:

Funny what you were saying about Astrophe and Zoonie sleeping with you Andrew, cos that resonated with us too.  Tinks used to love sleeping on the bed with us, as did Paddy and Ross and Mac, but MOray, Malt and Barley tend not to.  Sometimes Barley will spend a nighttime slot with us, and Malt will sometimes sleep in the armchair in our room, and Moray will slip under the duvet for a snuggle, but there's very little all-night coverage, and certainly not from Malt.  The last time Malt spent the night on the bed with us was Christmas Eve last year.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 04:08:56 AM »

Astrophe liked the sofa under a blanket, the windowsill and he has his own chair which he uses at night.

Zoonie likes the windowsill, top of the tall cat tree, radiator bed. At night he sleeps at the bottom of the bed with me. Astrophe comes on the bed for 20 minutes or so occasionally.

• Hero Cat
favourite sleeping places
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:51:11 AM »
Does anyone elses cat/cats have favourite sleeping spots that they like to change from time to time  :).  Butter does this all the time, he changes from (though not in order) cat tree, sofa next me/my seat when I'm not sat on it, OH seat when he's not on it..... theres a new one at the moment though which is trying to sit amongst the tinsel and ornaments under the xmas tree  :doh: I suspect thats  just so he can have a nibble on tree when he fancies  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat