Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Long-term Metacam for arthritis

(1/13) > >>

Sue P (Paddysmum):
Really pleased to hear the acupuncture is having a positive effect Frances.  Whatever it takes to get the required result.  Of course, Webbox would've been a lot easier, but hey-ho - that's cats!  :evillaugh:

Desley (booktigger):
Sorry he refused the tablets, but glad the acupuncture seems to be working well

Lyn (Slugsta):
That sounds 'cautiously optimistic' Frances. I will keep the dancing nanas on hold for you  ;D

Judecat (Paula):
Long may the improvement continue Frances. Now he can keep you on your toes again. ;D

Frances:
Time for an update :)

It’s hard to tell whether the Amantadine would have been effective as, despite being tiny and hideable in Webbox, James twigged what was going on after four days.  I found a couple that he’d spat out so decided to give it a rest for a couple of weeks.  By the time I gave it another try he’d gone off Webbox completely :-:.

So, on to plan C (I think).  He has now had three sessions of acupuncture which he is tolerating astonishingly well and which appears to be having an effect in reducing his pain levels :phew:.  After the first session he was a lot perkier, which wore off after about six days – apparently this is normal.  After the second session he definitely started to regain his mojo and the effect lasted the whole week until today’s third session.

Not quite time to break out the dancing narnas but I'm hopeful ;D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version