Author Topic: I need help in regards to adoption.  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: I need help in regards to adoption.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
If you go for kittens, Celia always homes them in twos. I would be worried about your parents because yes the cat or kittens are going to claw their furniture. You can do various things to stop them but all my cats have clawed my furniture to some extent.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 06:11:52 AM »
Hi Jerrell

London is a big place, but our Sheila has several kittens in need of a good home, try looking up Cats Protection Waltham Forest, she will home check you obviously, but she has some real sweethearts.

Good luck with finding the purrfect kitten :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 22:27:21 PM »
I WOULD TEND TO OPT FOR CELIA HAMMOND IF IN HER AREA, THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY CATS AT BATTERSEA AND TEND TO BE RESERVED VERY QUICKLY.

I WOULD JUST BE HONEST................THE ONLY PROBLEM I SEE IS YOUR PARENTS LOL.......I DONT THINK CH HAS A PROPLEM WITH INDOOR CATS BUT DONT KNOW.

Offline Crazycatdaddy

• Kitten
I need help in regards to adoption.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 13:25:14 PM »
Hello everyone, I am Jerrall, I am from London.
I'm new to this forum.
I've wanted to have a cat for over 6 years... Now that I am working In can finally afford to have one!

There are two local places where I can adopt; Cilla Hammond Animal trust and Batterseas Dogs and Cats home.

I've read on their website that I would need to email them or phone them if I was interested in adoption.

If I were to email either of them what would I need to say? Would I need to say that I work in a cat hotel?
What questions would I be asked?
I've read about home visits happening.
Even though I work with cats having our own is different from caring for one.

My parents want me to adopt a kitten as they would be able to be trained.
My mother doesn't want a "big" cat, she is also worried about them ruining everything with their claws.
I personally do not mind what age my cat is, I'll love them no matter how old they are.
How could I convince my parents to let me adopt a cat over a kitten?

My cat would be staying the room that connects to my room so I'll almost always will be with them. Their litter tray, food bowls, water bowls, bed and scratching post would be in the room too.

Link to CatChat