Author Topic: Just back from out of hours vet  (Read 11006 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Just back from out of hours vet
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 07:32:09 AM »
Thank you all :hug:

He was still sore at 12.30 but has just eaten some breakfast and just looks a bit stiff in his leg now.

I agree about the stranger Sue.

It is interesting about tails and would explain a lot. Sorry about pi Paula

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 07:18:06 AM »
Poor Archie, hope he feels better soon.   :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 05:44:30 AM »
Valid in, am so sorry to hear Archie has possibly been in the wars and is feeling poorly.  Sending all of our love to him.  Makes sense about cats with damaged tails, but cat communication can be as subtle as a whisker movement, so suspect if he's had a run in it's likely bin with a stranger.   :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:30:34 AM »
I didn't realise Archie didn't have a tail. Or that cats signal with their tails ish, I sort of knew but didn't think too much about it, maybe that is why Pi gets beaten up so much as well, he does have a full tail, but half is sort of bent and curled, he often comes home with scratches on his large bare patch on his head, a result of an abscess, presumably from a bite before Sheila caught him. That makes perfect sense.

I do so hope that he is better tomorrow, poor boy :care: :care: :care:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:24:55 AM »
Very sorry to hear that Archie has been in the wars Alison.  Poor boy indeed  :cat rub: :care: :care:

Do hope the painkiller does its job and he feels much better tomorrow.  Often a temp will affect a cats appetite so it's good he's had some food.

Sending very best wishes to your lovely boy.

Didn't know that about cats with no tail having difficulty communicating and consequently being picked on  :(

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Just back from out of hours vet
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 00:00:49 AM »
Archie has been very sleepy for the last two days after getting a scratch on his nose and above his eye. He barely goes out and am sure it was not Sid

Just after 10 he seemed to be in pain in his back right leg and would not go up the stairs and growled when it was touched, very unlike him.

I phoned the out of hours as did not want to leave it and it is fairly near.

The vet said he had a temperature. She checked his leg thoroughly with help of nurse and could not find anything apart from some torn skin near to a nail.

He had a two wk ab injection and a 24hr painkiller, have to contact vet if no better tomorrow.

She mentioned that cats with no tails are more likely to be set upon as they cannot signal with it.

He has eaten so hope he will recover overnight, poor lad :(

Link to CatChat