Author Topic: My new job cats cats and more cats!!  (Read 2267 times)

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Re: My new job cats cats and more cats!!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 20:20:47 PM »
If anyone is interested in doing the same sort of thing, its worth contacting any local pet sitting companies in case they need more staff?  The lady who runs the one I work for pays the insurance, so if for some reason I lose the keys, or lock them inside, we are covered to call a locksmith out. I also have a current DBS clearance   (Disclosure and Barring Service) which I needed for NHS, which just proves I have no criminal records :evillaugh: I do tell people I have that and carry a copy, but only 1 person has asked to see it so far. Most people just want a cat friendly person to come in and feed/pet/play with the cats for a while and make sure they are okay. Or you could always set up your own business? It's certainly a popular service ;)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 20:21:45 PM by heather sullivan »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 10:23:26 AM »
Sounds ideal. Have wondered about doing it myself. I quite like my job but it's really hard work and I don't get to see many animals!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 08:20:40 AM »
sounds great heather!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 07:36:46 AM »
So glad Heather - work is a necessary evil at times so to have a job that gives you immense satisfaction is just lovely to hear.   :Luv:

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 23:24:57 PM »
and guess which job I prefer? :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I previously worked for the NHS for 16 years but got fed up with all the nepotism, bullying and corruption that went on so I left. Had a spell working for the private sector then left there too.  Had a break, had a car crash, had an operation, now back part time for NHS in a different hospital, just as an admin role, for 5 mornings a week, and then getting paid to play, pamper and make friends with cats. I love it!!!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 21:36:02 PM »
 :wow: Now thats what you call job satisfaction..... working for the NHS and looking after other peoples cats/dogs too  ;D ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 20:52:34 PM »
Sounds absolutely perfect Heather, I am dead jealous ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 20:06:37 PM »
SOUNDS LIKE A FAB JOB  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
My new job cats cats and more cats!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 19:08:55 PM »
After going back to work for the NHS last month part time,after my shoulder operation, I wanted another little job to earn a bit more. I contacted the lady who runs the local pet sitting company as we used them when we went away, and it has just been taken over by someone else, and she was looking for another helper.  So I am now visiting peoples homes and feeding their cats while they are away, petting them, changing litter, water etc. I have only been doing it for 2 weeks and have met some lovely cats and owners already.  So much nicer than working full time in an office, just going round, meeting the owners first of all and their cat/s, and then looking after them. Some are early mornings, and some are evenings. Got quite a few to do over the Christmas period too which will keep me busy!  I also dog sat last Saturday with a cute little cockerpoo, and had to take him for a walk at 9pm. It's my purr-fect job! Tonight i met a feisty Bengal who was lovely and their other cat was a ginger boy, who they rescued from Portugal as a kitten. He hopped into their car as a kitten there and they paid to bring him back over here ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 19:09:55 PM by heather sullivan »

Link to CatChat