Author Topic: Love cats..  (Read 4384 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Love cats..
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 17:45:21 PM »
He was half farm cat and half my friends Mum pedigree Persian that she got for breeding, that went down well as back then a lot of people believed that if a pedigree had a moggy litter she was always produce some part breds in every litter. :doh:, her Dad owned the farm.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Trace

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Dre & Ren
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 17:18:39 PM »
It is a good idea to have special cloths or clothes for them, my first cat, Fluffy ended up huge and he never grew out of it, but only my pale blue satin quilted dressing gown, in the end it had to be thrown away as it discoloured so badly my Mum wouldn't let me wear it anymore, then it was his bed for a while  before he killed it completely.

This was the rufty tufty cat that used to beat up the local dogs and bring home rabbits and pheasants :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

aw bless him..... bet the other cats on the street weren't aware of this particular kink eh!

I suspect Lorenzo is going to be much bigger than Andre - they are polar opposites of each other build wise, Andre was born the day after the other two so (((whisper))) I think hes a runt / little miracle, funnily though, he only started doing it last night when he saw Ren do it..

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 16:16:00 PM »
It is a good idea to have special cloths or clothes for them, my first cat, Fluffy ended up huge and he never grew out of it, but only my pale blue satin quilted dressing gown, in the end it had to be thrown away as it discoloured so badly my Mum wouldn't let me wear it anymore, then it was his bed for a while  before he killed it completely.

This was the rufty tufty cat that used to beat up the local dogs and bring home rabbits and pheasants :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  Too right - their companionship is just the best.   :Luv:

Yes, it's just their way of showing you what a great cat Mum you are, and how they trust you and love you.  They can be totally relaxed and trusting of you, and cats that like to suckle often totally zone out.  Bless your boys.   :Luv2: 

Offline Trace

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:15:26 AM »
Ah the suckling.   :Luv: I love it.  ;D  It doesn't always indicate cats that have been removed from their Mothers too soon, although that can be one factor.

Our gorgeous Ross (Bridge Baby) used to suckle on my right ear.  It was a loving gesture from him to me, and I treated it as such.  Peculiar sensation initially, but a very special bond existed between us, and I respected his way of expressing it.

And get this - even the Reluctant Miss Malt and the reckless Barley-Dancer also suckle, but only if we have their respective "sucky-blankies" to hand (namely my ratty old fuschia onesie and an equally ratty floofy jacket, now used solely as a sucky-blankie  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

You enjoy it, Trace.  They love ya!   :Luv2: :hug:

aw thank you Sue, bless your babies, not sure how I would cope with my ears being touched (its that part of me that - well, you know...)  - I do think its really cute, was just concerned as I have had them 3 weeks now and they have only just started doing it, last night when I was trying to stop them (putting my hands where they were suckling) the both started crying pitifully - I felt awful!!! they only do it for a couple of minutes ad they are totally zonked out - on the plus side if I every had to name the extinguisher for empty nest syndrome - thats it, right there!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:03:29 AM »
Ah the suckling.   :Luv: I love it.  ;D  It doesn't always indicate cats that have been removed from their Mothers too soon, although that can be one factor.

Our gorgeous Ross (Bridge Baby) used to suckle on my right ear.  It was a loving gesture from him to me, and I treated it as such.  Peculiar sensation initially, but a very special bond existed between us, and I respected his way of expressing it.

And get this - even the Reluctant Miss Malt and the reckless Barley-Dancer also suckle, but only if we have their respective "sucky-blankies" to hand (namely my ratty old fuschia onesie and an equally ratty floofy jacket, now used solely as a sucky-blankie  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

You enjoy it, Trace.  They love ya!   :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Trace

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
don't worry its normal, they do grow out of it - one of mine suckled another of mine (an adult male!) for a few weeks when she first came.  He was so kind he let her!

thanks Dawn - Lorenzo did try it with my 10 year old dog, bless her - she just licked his face and he curled up and went to sleep on her

I am going to get some cloths and let them do it, its quite cute in a weird way and I don't want to stop them doing anything that gives them comfort

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:23 AM »
don't worry its normal, they do grow out of it - one of mine suckled another of mine (an adult male!) for a few weeks when she first came.  He was so kind he let her!

Offline Trace

• Kitten
Love cats..
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »
Good morning lovely fonts of knowledge of all things feline...

I have a new issue.. the boys are 10 weeks old now and are gorgeous, naughty little bundles of loveliness - I believe they now look at me as mum.. and therein (I think) is the root of the issue.. they try and suckle me - well my clothes, it doesn't matter what clothes - they are not fussy.. jumpers, t shirts, dressing gown.. its only started in this last week, Lorenzo started first and they Andre saw him do it last night and he started too.. they suck on the clothes and knead - quite vigorously,  Its only at night as well, they happily play during the day and when they are tired, they get into one of their (many) beds and sleep, they even do this when we are there, but in the evening they have to sit with me or the hubby and go to sleep - its only me they are "suckling"..I have googled this and the common thread is that they were taken too young from their mummy - tbh, these are mainly american websites - enough said..

I do not want to discourage the nighttime snuggles - if anything, I want to encourage it - if the suckling is normal and they will grow out of it then I will get some lint free cloths just for them and let them get on with it

some advice / reassurance would be fab

Trace x

Link to CatChat