Author Topic: semi raw food diet  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: semi raw food diet
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 18:02:56 PM »
Thanks for the update

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 16:07:24 PM »
Well its been 3 weeks now and its going really well  ;D he is eating every meal I put down for him. There was one day when he wasnt eating properly but that was because he wasnt keen on the pouches I bought for him so I went back to his other ones and he was enjoying his food again, ive finally found some pouches that he doesnt turn his nose up at, they are 'Wilkinsons'own premium flakes brand  ;D ;D. Ive managed to get him eating a bit more food as well and he is putting some weight on thank god  :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 21:54:11 PM »
Well its been a week now and so far so good, he's still on 5/6 small meals a day and he doesn't leave his bowl clean everytime but he is certainly enjoying his semi raw food diet  :drool;  ;D.  I also think he could be putting some weight on as well  ;D ;D, he doesn't look like he's putting anything on but he does feel heavier when i pick him up  :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 15:08:58 PM »
I think you can buy a supplement to add to raw food. Something like this http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/vitamins/155860

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 10:47:18 AM »
Do you know exactly what is in the mince?  You need to make sure it's balanced if it constitutes more than about 10% of the diet. I'm sure I read somewhere that stuff sold by butchers is not complete for cats. It needs to contain 80% meat (includes heart), 10% bone and 10% offal (of which half should be liver).  If it's just meat it isn't a balanced diet (although would be OK for a short time to see how he takes to raw or as an occasional treat)
As far as know Susanne it is offal and meat but I am not sure if there are bits of bone, but I would imagine there will be little bits in there, I am just glad he is finishing every meal I put down for him  ;D he is having a third of a pouch and a fork full of cat mince each meal.  He doesnt know it yet but I am going to up the amounts each time  :evillaugh: I will get some weight on him however long it takes!!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 08:10:28 AM »
Do you know exactly what is in the mince?  You need to make sure it's balanced if it constitutes more than about 10% of the diet. I'm sure I read somewhere that stuff sold by butchers is not complete for cats. It needs to contain 80% meat (includes heart), 10% bone and 10% offal (of which half should be liver).  If it's just meat it isn't a balanced diet (although would be OK for a short time to see how he takes to raw or as an occasional treat)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 16:18:21 PM »
Glad to hear that the raw food is going down well  ;D
We only started him on it this afternoon and so far he cleaned his bowl 3 times  ;D ;D thats never happened before  :wow:, he has 5 or 6 small meals a day.  we are now hoping he will put some weight on him because he looks just too sleek, i bet the neighbours where we live think we dont feed him properly

No-one would ever think that about Alf!  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 22:09:28 PM »
We only started him on it this afternoon and so far he cleaned his bowl 3 times  ;D ;D thats never happened before  :wow:, he has 5 or 6 small meals a day.  we are now hoping he will put some weight on him because he looks just too sleek, i bet the neighbours where we live think we dont feed him properly

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 21:48:20 PM »

• Hero Cat
semi raw food diet
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 17:53:23 PM »
Well we have decided to put Butter on a semi raw food diet in the hope that he will eat his meals a lot better, he such a fussy eater I never known a cat like him. One of the butcher stalls in our local market sell cat mince, its basically all the scrag ends that they mince up, not too bad of a price too I paid £2.17 for a  bag that weighed about 500g. Ive separated it into small bags and froze it so I can get a bag out every day, it works out at just over weeks worth as well as his normal cat pouches...... Its going down a treat ;D ;D

Link to CatChat