Author Topic: Black cat found HULL  (Read 15621 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Black cat found HULL
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 05:48:20 AM »
OCYH.  But, whilst I appreciate the PDSA may be a veterinary service, my point was they may have, or may know, a willing volunteer who could scan the cat for you at your home.  If you havent asked, then you won't know for sure.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:03:52 AM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

Offline CatLady86

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Justin, Smidge, Dog, Pipsqueak
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 03:12:04 AM »
I wonder if your local vet or PDSA would have a volunteer who could come out and scan him for you, if you explained the circumstances?  Alternatively, your local Wild Life Trust may have a willing volunteer and a scanner, perhaps?

Already called my local vet, small animals and pets care (left a message, didn't call back), called RSPCA and they suggested I call CPL, I don't think PDSA does that stuff here, they seem to have 2 offices, 1 is a shop and one is a vets, and called CPL... Cpl were gonna come out on the Monday, but they didn't come, have called 3 times since but only got the answer machine, have left messages twice but haven't called back...
Ofc I've done all this stuff since I've had him for nearly 2 weeks, lol :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 06:55:05 AM »
I wonder if your local vet or PDSA would have a volunteer who could come out and scan him for you, if you explained the circumstances?  Alternatively, your local Wild Life Trust may have a willing volunteer and a scanner, perhaps? 

Offline CatLady86

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 03:11:38 AM »
Just so sad he cant stay with you cos it sounds thathe has lost his home  :(

My guess is that he's either gotten really lost or he is recently abandoned. I know, I love him already. He is so sweet and loving. He just sleeps on my bed loads and comes and gives me cuddles and head butts and he purrs the whole time he is getting attention. He is such a sweetheart.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 01:55:00 AM »
Just so sad he cant stay with you cos it sounds thathe has lost his home  :(

Offline CatLady86

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:04 AM »
How lovely that you're keeping an eye on this little guy. 

Have you taken him to a vet to be scanned for a microchip?   You could try making up posters with his picture on, and putting them up in shop windows, on supermarket notice boards, at the vet and in any local community centres/libraries/shopping centre community boards.

I hope you can find his owners.

No I am housebound and have no way to get him there :( Cats protection said they would try and come out and scan him on Monday but they didn't come and I called them Tue, Wed and Thur and just got the answer machine and have left messages twice. I have put him on about 6 fb groups, 8 websites and put him out with a paper collar twice. I don't know what else to do.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 18:05:39 PM »
How lovely that you're keeping an eye on this little guy. 

Have you taken him to a vet to be scanned for a microchip?   You could try making up posters with his picture on, and putting them up in shop windows, on supermarket notice boards, at the vet and in any local community centres/libraries/shopping centre community boards.

I hope you can find his owners.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 18:00:48 PM »
What a handsome lad! and so like Alfie (who also has a few white hairs on his lower tum). We live at the other end of the country, so I know it can't be him. I do hope you find his owner soon  :crossed:

Offline CatLady86

• Kitten
Black cat found HULL
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 15:32:52 PM »
Hi,
I found a cat on 08/07/16, he is all black with a very small white area at the bottom of his tummy (see pic), he is a very loving sweet boy. Found Hull HU3.
He has gone out a few times while I've had him (although he did stay in for 4 days straight at one point) so there's always a *chance* he has gone home, if he has one, during that time. It doesn't seem like he is though cos he goes away for a bit and then comes back and will meow outside our house for up to 3 hours until he is let back in. He even went out one night and then came back to my bedroom window at 3am and started meowing his head off. My guess is that he is either recently abandoned or he has just wandered too far from home and gotten himself lost.
He is too friendly and healthy to have never had a home so I'm sure he must have had one at some point. Please if anyone knows who he might belong to get in touch, cos I can't keep him for much longer and all the shelters are full so I'm going to have to try and find another home for him if no owner is found in the next few days, as I've already been looking for his owners for 10 days now :( Thank you.

Link to CatChat