Author Topic: Eye ulcers ...again  (Read 6765 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Eye ulcers ...again
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 07:06:04 AM »
I hope Merlin's eye didn't develop into an ulcer again. :crossed:

I think the house is going fantastically quickly, especially considering the FM. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so pleased that you sound so much happier than before, that you have lovely neighbours now and that you are close to the vet you trust again. ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »
Wow - you're making brilliant progress Gill.  Very pleased you've got a "quid pro quo" deal on the odd jobs.  :hug:  That's a fab deal on the bedroom doors - I'm after 2 partially glazed bedroom doors and best price I've been able to find is £63.99 each.  Well done.  :)

Love to Merlin too xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 21:30:45 PM »
It sounds as if you have got loads done with the house Gill - I don't think we've done that much in the 28 years we have been here!  :rofl:

Sorry that your FM is giving you so much pain, I hope you are able to rest a bit now?  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 21:16:59 PM »
Thanks for asking Sue.
Not sure but Merlins eye was a bit closed again, so have put some cream in and keeping fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse again.

House is going ok .
Bedroom completely finished except some pictures putting up.
Kitchen has had new Worktops and for a week I had no oven ,no hob and no sink until today .
Having no sink was the worst , having to,take pots up and down stairs in a bowl to wash them was a real pain .
Still today I have it all finished and I am hoping to get it painted next week .
As the Worktops were grey , gloss white cupboards at top and wood at bottom, I am doing the walls in grey with a slate wallpaper on one wall .
Hall ,stairs, Landing and lounge have been started and under coated by a handyman who is doing it in exchange for my old cooker ( which is really almost new as only used about a dozen times in the last place and not yet a year old)
That's being done in soft yellow with a striped grey and yellow paper over the chimney breast .
Still I don't have to pay out to get this done, and that also includes putting up a curtain pole and new light fittings in hall and Lounge.
So in a couple of weeks, all downstairs will be done except the porch.

Then I can do the 2 bedrooms.
One wants paper stripping off, but is a small room, the other will just need ceiling and walls painting .
Small one is a deep blue and the bigger one is a plum colour .

The last place will be the porch as it needs shelving in there taking down ,then painting as its orangey pine cladding including ceiling, so have a nice cream colour going in there .

The last job will be a new bath,toilet and sink around end of October , then it should,all be finished .
Next year I won't be doing much except a bit to the garden .
I have someone who is painting all the fencing,for me in a few weeks , if I get the stuff , he said he will do it for £75 .
There is a lot too, around 7 full panels at 6ft , 7 at around 5ft plus wall under it and concrete posts to paint .
So a lot of work that I don't really feel like doing as well as inside.
Unfortunately my fibromyalgia has got worse , I have very sore arm ,leg and back and inflamation at top on the same leg which is giving me pains in my groin and my back is quite bad .
It even hurt when I had a shower from just the water on my back .
I had a stair rail fitted and new door lock a couple of weeks ago and he is coming back to put 3 new bedroom doors on which were only £45 for  all 3 .
I am under the doctor for a,lot of health issues and having blood tests for low calcium and low kidney levels , but am sure I will just carry on as usual , but take it easier when the house is done.
Saying that the doctor said my weight was good ( I lost 2 stone, so,about,right now ) I hardly drink and have never really smoked , so got that going for me I guess .
All winter to relax and chill .

Hoping cats all stay well now though for a good long time !
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 21:21:55 PM by bunglycat »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 06:41:21 AM »
How're things going, Gill? How is Merlin, and how is the work on the house progressing?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 15:30:15 PM »
Yes, I've had a few workmen who tidy up after themselves so that you would hardly know they had been! It makes such a difference, especially if - like many of us - you are less able yourself.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 07:04:48 AM »
Gill, am really pleased to see Merlin is on the mend.   :) 

Sounds like you've been pretty busy all things considered.  Know what you mean about blokes that don't clean up.  When we had our bathroom refitted four years ago, the guy who did it astonished me because he was so neat and today, and always cleared up after himself.   When I left various trade reviews for him, I always made a point of mentioning it.  :innocent:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 00:56:30 AM »
Thanks Lyn.
I haven't been doing too,much, just clearing up after the ones doing the jobs ! Typical,men,,not clearing up after themselves .
Still I might do some more painting this weekend as will be doing the tea making I guess a couple of days next week and watching the cats don't get in the way, so nothing strenuous .
So pleased Merlin hasn't been sick since , I just need him to lose some weight now , easier said than done !!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 22:09:54 PM »
Glad to hear that Merlin is doing well  ;D

It does sound as if you are getting a lot sorted in the house in a short time, please look after yourself  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2016, 22:08:30 PM »
That is really good to hear Gill :hug: :hug: :hug:

Feels a bit like that with 5 and they are all youngsters :shocked:

xxx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2016, 21:59:05 PM »
Thanks for,asking.
Merlin is fine again now, not been sick since and has last lot of medicine tomorrow.
Hoping he will stay healthy now for a long time !
Foot is fine, was badly bruised , but ok now.
Managed to get bedroom finished, just rest of the house to get done !
Got a new door lock sorted and a handrail this week .
New Worktops being fitted next week and hopefully cooker and hob by the end of the week.
 All rest of the cats are ok, would be great if they stay fit and healthy for a good few years now ! Wishful thinking I guess with having 6 .

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 18:08:24 PM »
How is Merlin now Gill, and of course, your foot? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 16:46:16 PM »
I feel awful !
Merlin has now got some medicine , which I have given him , he has to have it twice a day and even though I got it right at the back of his throat, he frothed and drooled like he had rabies !
Apparently it's common if they do,that as it tastes awful !
I feel so bad for him.
It's something to do with the acid in his tummy, so might be an ulcer .
He has also had a penicillin injection, temperature is normal.
If he does it again , I have to take him back for an X Ray .
Thanks everyone , I can always rely on support from purrs peeps .

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 16:14:30 PM »
hope you got on ok gill

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 16:14:07 PM »
Poor Merlin! I do hope this is nothing serious  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 14:18:26 PM »
Gill, sending much love to you and Merlin

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 13:57:35 PM »
Well, poor Merlin is going through the mill.
This morning he was sick and it was bright red blood , so off to the vet in 15 mins .
This poor cat has had so many health issues . :'(

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 09:52:17 AM »
Just to say the blood plasma treatment did wonders for healing an eye ulcer my cat had last year.It closed the ulcer up in no time and healed very well.I put one drop in 4-5 times daily along with an antibiotic drop twice a day.
Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 06:40:43 AM »
Ouch, Gill.   :doh:  Just take it easy, missus.   ;)  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 23:16:07 PM »
Ditto, and you are certainly cracking on, poorly foot or not. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 21:18:28 PM »
Gill  :hug: I hope your foot heals quickly!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 16:55:17 PM »
To be honest I have had Persians for years now, the first one that had a ulcer was Fifi and she was about 12 when she got one and I couldn't get it better and she lost her eye, then the same with Ginny, now Merlin.
Merlin is only 5 , but had a bad life I think and he has herpes virus, and I think because they are a little protuberant, they can be prone to them and the same with having squashed noses which affect their tear ducts .

Maybe I should see the vet myself, dropped a big piece of Mdf on my foot when Helen was helping me sort the shed out , yes I swore, yes it still hurts and has swollen a bit as its the same place I had my op on last year !
Painted ceiling and undercoat on the wam
Les yesterday, so going to do,the wall colour tomorrow and see how I get on, papering will probably benSunday or Monday now .

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 15:02:23 PM »
Excuse my ignorance Gill, but are eye ulcers a particular problem with Persian cats?

I was just going to ask the same thing! I wonder if the Persians might be more prone as their eyes seem to be more protuberant.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 11:43:11 AM »
Excuse my ignorance Gill, but are eye ulcers a particular problem with Persian cats?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »
Well, it seems to be fine again now, no problems so far.
The minute he gets another one, that's what I will ask for when I take him.
So far though , it looks normal again .
Still putting cream in once a day though to make sure it stays ok for as long as possible.
Thanks for asking x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 06:37:33 AM »
How's Merlin today Gill? 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 03:58:20 AM »
 :care: :care: :care:, everything crossed for you both. This is the last thing you both need when things are just starting to go well for you :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 06:41:38 AM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 21:23:51 PM »
To be quite honest it looked so much better this morning I decided to see how it is tomorrow .
I am so obsessed , it may just have been the lighting making it look worse.
Jenny from Lincoln cat care came today as she said it looked normal to her, so it's a wait and see now .
Of it does look bad again, he will be straight to the vet .
Thanks for,asking .

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 20:24:20 PM »
How have you got on today Gill?

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 20:09:25 PM »
Everything crossed for Merlin and you Gill, I hope the stem cell(?) technology works for him.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »
Poor Merlin, bless his paws.  I hadnt heard of that technique Gill, but hoping something can be done to break the cycle, and to preserve Merlin's eye. 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 21:32:26 PM »
Poor Merlin - and poor you!  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Eye ulcers ...again
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 21:24:20 PM »
Poor Merlin has hardly got rid of he last ulcer and it's started up again .
He is back on 6 lots of cream and remend a day again, but I am ringing the vet on Monday ( think they have changed hours as I rang just after 6 and it was for emergencys ! Usually they are open 5.30-6.30pm .
I am going to see if they can do something Gillian and someone else told me about, not sure what the technical name is , but it involves taking some blood from Merlin and then spinning it till,it's clear and using it as eye drops back into his system .
He can't go on like this as he must have had at least 6 in 8'months and I am terrified he will,lose his eye  :scared:.

Link to CatChat