Author Topic: Hello, new here!  (Read 6415 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Hello, new here!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 17:39:43 PM »
They sound wonderful, if high maintenance, Kimm :Luv:, I have enough trouble keeping up with the antics of my mogs, and they sleep half or more of the day! :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 13:39:59 PM »
They are sooooo beautiful  :Luv2: and sound real characters.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 01:58:03 AM »
Gorgeous photos  :Luv:

I would love a Savannah cat but they are very expensive. I've seen them advertised from £650 for f4 f5 to £3,000 for an f3 female.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 13:45:05 PM by hollycat »

Offline Kimm

• Kitten
Hello, new here!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 00:20:47 AM »
To be honest.. Really not an average cat. If I knew before what I was getting into I didn't do it again. They have such a high level of energy. It's now 1am and they are flying up and down the stairs (sorry neighboures). Their never tired. If i am home all day they maybe sleep one hour or so, it looks like they are awake allways. Verry verry curious about everything. Follow me everywhere. Verry smart, know how to open the water cooker to play with the water (put it now behind closed doors). Opened all the kitchen cabinets when i'm not home (now I put verry strong magnets in the cabinets so they can't get in). I cant put anything on our shelves. Everything i put on them gets knocked down. If i leave the toilet open they go swim in the toilet. They can open doors so I had to adjust the door handles. If I need a glass water they are allready in the sink because they love water (but they hate when I want to wash them....). If I have a glass of water or something else on the table they will stick their paws in it and make a total mess. I have for blackets on my coutch and Moes has to replace them almost everyday. Takes them to their room upstairs (thats also where he keeps his secret stach of kitchentowels). And puts one in the hallway or just were he thinks it looks best that day.

But on the other hand, they are the most special pets i've ever seen. I love them to death and would never never give them up.

Both give me a kiss when I come home, Mila jumpes on my back and than she lays in my neck. We do everything together. They even take showers with me. We clean together and if im folding the clothes they are always 'helping' me. I think sometimes they look more like dogs than cats.
They like all people who visit here. And allmost everyday they're people in the house and  everybody has to go true Moes en Mila inspection. They sniff their eyes and ears and then is everything oke.
Every night before I go to bed I take some time with them. Just play a little, and lie on the floor watching them. Then again they give me a goodnight kiss.

I really believe Savannahs are not for everybody. But if you want to take time everyday and have patience and adjust a couple things in the house, you will have a verry special bond with a Savannah.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 00:32:52 AM by Kimm »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 23:46:24 PM »
I don't think I have ever seen a Savannah before Kimm, they are beautiful, stunning cats, what are they like temperament wise?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Mom to Eight

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Peanut, Lucky, Cazzy, Mittens, Cowboy, Speedy, Ray, Willie.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 21:28:42 PM »
What lively household you have.  :welcome:
All cats are masterpieces.
My cats that are over the rainbow: Jake, Alice, Ashia, Angel, Julie,Breezy, Meuzette and Babydoll

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 22:38:12 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: so funny

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 20:33:22 PM »
 :evillaugh:  brilliant!

Offline Kimm

• Kitten
Hello, new here!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 20:30:29 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! Do your cats also do this? Really should try it, its so funny!

Ohh and Moes was practicing for Idols. I think Mila didn't like it so much hihi

We also went outside today

Sorry if I post pictures I have to edit a few times because sometimes it doesn't work

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 20:35:12 PM by Kimm »

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 22:06:02 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: your cats are utterly gorgeous!  :Luv2:

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 21:54:39 PM »
Hello Kimm,  :welcome: to Purrs, yor cats are absolutely gorgeous :Luv: ;D ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 18:18:04 PM »

Hello Kimm and  welcome to purrs. Gorgeous Savannahs  :Luv:  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 12:58:59 PM »
 :wow:  Those ears......  :Luv2:

They've grown into them, haven't they?   :)  I love large ears on cats.  It's like roman noses.  And small pink sweet noses.  And beautiful black noses.   Ach!  What's not to love on a cat?!  :evillaugh:

Offline Kimm

• Kitten
Hello, new here!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 12:52:13 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!
When I know how I can find everything here I will deffinetly check out your furbabies!!

Btw Moes is a boy haha and Mila indeed a girl.

Moes, the boy, is the warmer collered, and Mila the grey-ish collor. She is the one with the two V 's upside down above her eyes.

Special for you, a baby foto of Mila :Luv:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:55:31 PM by Kimm »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 12:38:37 PM »
Hello Kimm - welcome to you and your beautiful Savannah cats.  They are just heavenly!!   :welcome: :Luv2:

Your two babies are the same age as our two youngest girls, Malt and Barley.  We also have Moray who is like a mini Norwegian Forest Cat (he's  not a pedigree but I defy anyone to know the difference other than his diminutive size).

You've certainly taken very good care of your girls.

Your English is super - no need to worry on that count.  I hope you enjoy the forum, make loads of new forum friends and find interesting and fun things to do.  We love pictures of cats, so thank you for posting yours.  We will no doubt dribble over them and beg for more.   :evillaugh: :)

Offline Kimm

• Kitten
Hello, new here!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:29:16 AM »
Thank you! I found it, they are Savannahs, F7C.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »
I'm sure there is normally a modify button but I can't see it either!!  welcome by the way, are they Bengal?

Offline Kimm

• Kitten
Hello, new here!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:55:41 AM »
How can I change something in my previous message?

Edit: found it!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:28:02 AM by Kimm »

Offline Kimm

• Kitten
Hello, new here!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »
Hello, I'm new here. Owned by two of the sweetest (but also most energetic) cats, names Moes en Mila.

I live in the Netherlands, and I came here because I love to read about all cats!

Sorry if I make mistakes, my english isn't that good.

When I first got them

The poor babies where sick and untill a week ago they got antibiotics and probiotics and more.. It took a half year.. But it looks like they are feeling better now! Btw they are 8 months old now

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:27:27 AM by Kimm »

Link to CatChat