Author Topic: Made me laugh anyway  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Made me laugh anyway
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 20:32:13 PM »
I put the fur and the floof from the dryer out for the birds, the blue t-i-t-s in particular seem to like it. I empty the hoover dustbag onto the borders.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzie and Tiggie
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 12:12:25 PM »
The RSPB says you can use fluff from washing machines. We must get lots in our industrial machines, which run 24/7. Something else for my to do list. 
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:08:49 PM »
I put the fur outside too - it usually disappears, but I know not where it goes.....  :shify:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzie and Tiggie
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
I didn't know birds took cat fur. We get lots. I'll have to look into this . . .
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 10:20:48 AM »
 ;D. My two are very disappointing where sausages are concerned, they just ignore them which is odd because they will eat most things.

Do the birds down your way take cat fur Paula?  I used to put balls of fur out around nesting time but I don't bother any more because the birds ignore them and they end up blowing around the garden/field/estate.  I wondered if the birds recognise the smell of predator and stay well clear.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Made me laugh anyway
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 21:24:15 PM »
OH had left a couple of sausages from breakfast so I chopped them and chucked them on the back lawn for the foxes, Pirate has been having great fun with a ball of Merlin fur that had fallen off the washing line, pegged up for the birdies. I actually thought he had a mousie at first :rofl:, then he and Bob had great fun chasing and eating rounds of sausage, they were throwing them up in the air, sometimes the cat that threw it caught it and sometimes the other nicked it mid air. Certainly made me laugh whilst doing the washing up and watching through the kitchen window. :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Link to CatChat