Author Topic: Help for Lara  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Help for Lara
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »
He's so handsome.  Looks like he has some Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat in his ancestry.   :Luv2:

Offline Liverbb

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lara
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »
Hi thanks for your replies and best wishes.
Im almost sure that my vet doesnt do that, but ill ask her today.
Maybe we can video chat on skype, or?

Ps this thing on the first pic was used to keep bread, but now....  :sneaky:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 00:06:09 AM »
Yes Tans idea is good cos $50 is under £50 and hope you can provide the info to her.

Good luck for handsome Lara and you.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 20:06:00 PM »
Hi (Sorry I normally like to use first name but,you dont meantion your name.)

Lara is so gorgeous  :Luv: My heart goes out to you and him.  :hug: :hug:

With our help and fundraising, Purrs will only officially support rescues etc that are part of our rescue list, ie ones that have been proven as a good caring rescue.

However, we have as individual members previously supported some individual furkids not through the Official Purrs fundrasing. So it is up to indvidual members if they wish to help.
One of the biggest problems when we have requests for funds is knowing if the request is a genuine one or not. Sadly we have had requests that have not been.
So the best thing to do for members that may want to donate is send funds direct to your vet surgey where it can be proven Lara is registered with and will perform the treatment. If you would like to give me these deatils by private pm, I will check them out.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »
Am very sorry to read about the position with Lara, and we all wish you well in respect of your efforts to raise funds to pay for the operation.   It's a very difficult position for anyone who loves their pet to be in.

With regard to fundraising activities which are not for a specific charity,  the forum has very specific guidelines and requirements for all members, which you may find helpful to review here:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,3024.0.html

Thank you for your understanding.  Very best wishes and good luck.   :hug:

Offline Liverbb

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lara
Help for Lara
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 10:50:56 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRPkTswyq40&feature=youtu.be

Hi, Lara is a 4 year old tomcat (with a girls name lol). Since he was 3-4 months he had problems with urinary tract infections. He was on thererapy for about 50 days, every day. From all that medications and whatnot he had some lump on his back. The vets at the time said its nothing to worry about. About 1 month ago he started having diarrhea. He recieved theatmans for 3 times with no effect, eventually to resolve it after the 4th attempt. The last time i went to the vet he told me horrifying news, his lump on his back its a tumour and he needs to have surgery to remove it. Im 24 year old student and both my parents are not working. With my job we can barely pay the bills and put some food on the table. I have always put Lara's health and wellbeing before mine, but i no longer have the resources. I owe money to friends and family members and i cannot ask them about more. I tried to set up a fundrasing but my country, Macedonia its not on the list of available countries, mostly because paypal its not supported here. Im in need of about 30-50$ for the operation and post operation costs. Thats about one thirth of what i earn in a month and i cant affort it and its killing me. The big problem is that i can only recieve money via skrill or neteller. I am begging anyone out there that can help me out, i will be forever grateful. Im sorry if i break any rules about posting this thread but im desperate..

Link to CatChat