Author Topic: Broadline flea/worm treatment  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Broadline flea/worm treatment
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 00:21:42 AM »
And mine, I have had one, well my Dad did when we and the cats moved out, then if you went into any unused rooms you literally got covered in a moving carpet of fleas. It was a nightmare! This was before Frontline came on the market and you had to wrap the cats in a towel to spray them with the horrible powder, rub it it and didn't get forgiven for at least a week! Either that or get shredded by the flashing claws and teeth! :shify:, We had to spray the rooms with Canovel (I think it was called) and you had to evacuate for hours afterwards. My cats so I had to do it and pay for it.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 21:43:22 PM »
   :crossed:

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 21:42:21 PM »
Thanks for your post Lyn.I am throwing out the hoover bag daily.

I think we may be turning a corner,i don't want to say much as I don't want to jinx anything!!

Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 14:01:50 PM »
I'm sorry you are still struggling to get rid of the little butter  :(

Just one thing - You are probably already doing it, so sorry if you feel I am 'teaching my grandmother to suck eggs' - you are emptying the hoover each day after use, aren't you? Otherwise the evil things will simply crawl out . . .

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 08:42:54 AM »
Im still struggling >:(

I went to the vet and got Stronghold and am continuing to hoover daily and Indorex every week end.I cant see an improvement but its no worse so that's one thing.The vet said it could take 3 months to clear.
One thing is for sure-I have learnt my lesson and will treat my cats monthly despite them being indoor.
Miss you all so much. xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 23:45:54 PM »
Dont blame you for ranting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,theyare evil and its terrible when youn have a major infestation and I had one way back.

I was new to cats and didnt know anythingabout fleas, tried everything and in end went to the vet...was last resort and he sprayed Kocka.....no wonder cats are scared of sprays and vets! And was given indorex I think. The spray killed the fleas and the indorex did the house.

Like you I had a flea catcher thingy , it had a bulk and a sticky sheet at bottom and fleas would get caught on it.........still have it somewhere!

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 23:17:01 PM »
Thanks Slugsta ;D

We had a good session with the flea comb this evening and I got out 25 between the two cats!Both are very tolerant of the combing as they are very quiet,sweet boys.One is quite scared of the fleas and spends a lot of time either on my lap (when he can)or on a window sill he likes sitting on anyway to watch the birds.Anywhere but on the floor where the "itchy things"live, :scared:
I know how he feels!

Miss you all so much. xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 17:28:51 PM »
I don't blame you for having a little rant Cathycat! Fleas are nasty little blighters and can be difficult to eradicate once they get a grip  :(

Years ago, when I was pregnant with our son, we house-sat for my boss who had 3 cats, a bunny and a hamster (and a dog, but they took her with them). We got a flea-infestation while they were away and it was a real problem - especially as I was feeling  :sick: due to the pregnancy.

I do hope you are able to get on top of this soon.

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 16:53:23 PM »
Thanks for that Gill :thanks:

I realised that my last post was a little "ranty".I had had a bad day fighting fleas :-[.Sorry about letting off steam here!

I used Stronghold for one of my bunnies who had lice 2 years ago (from a bad batch of hay)and it was very good so I will look into that.
Miss you all so much. xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 00:41:53 AM »
I would go for Stronghold to get rid of them and a vet provided spray, there is another one apart from Indorex although found that very good when I was new with cats.

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 23:19:49 PM »
Unfortunately it really doesn't seem to have worked.Im hoovering everywhere everyday and have flea traps catching live fleas every night.Im using Indoorex and have a flea comb which I use daily on them.Grrrr.Im seeing fleas on them and occasionally on me.(yuck!)I guess I have to wait for all the generations of fleas to go through all the stages.We didn't have anywhere near as many last week-hardly any so its just as if Im not doing anything.Wierdly my cats are both indoor so I must have brought a female in on my clothing or something.There are lots of cats in the area where I live so perhaps one of them lend me a little friend to take home ;)

I cant retreat until 3 weeks have passed but I will certainly try something else!
Miss you all so much. xx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 18:23:59 PM »
All mine are on Advocate 4 weekly and then Milbumax every 3 months. If it ain't broke don't fix it, bad enough the small ampoules of Advocate, it still takes ages for them to forgive me!
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 11:52:20 AM »
I have never tried it, but apparently, it is the only product that deals with all types of worms, including tapeworm. One negative I read about it, is that there is quite a lot of liquid in each dose.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 20:57:42 PM »
My vet reckons that the Broadline is OK, despite the problems with Frontline resistance.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 20:41:45 PM »
Sorry never heard of it.

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
Broadline flea/worm treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 08:39:14 AM »
Hi all.Has anyone used this product on their cat?If so did you find it effective?I noticed it contains the same active ingredient as Frontline which some people don't rate anymore.
Thanks
Miss you all so much. xx

Link to CatChat